Beat2x V0.2

miq01 posted on Mar 5 2006 at 05:28 AM said:
Sounds strange as I have 1.4 too... Check the readme to see how to install (in case you didn't) and remember that you must install a pack before playing.

Here is a copy of the folder structure you should have after a correct installation (respect lower and upper case):

beat2x/beat2x.gpe
beat2x/readme.cat.txt
beat2x/readme.eng.txt
beat2x/readme.esp.txt
beat2x/data/boardtext.bmp
beat2x/data/buttonset.bmp
beat2x/data/charselector.bmp
beat2x/data/cleared.bmp
beat2x/data/countdown.ogg
beat2x/data/energybar.bmp
beat2x/data/failed.bmp
beat2x/data/font.bmp
beat2x/data/gamebackground.bmp
beat2x/data/go.ogg
beat2x/data/intro.ogg
beat2x/data/mainmenubackground.bmp
beat2x/data/menubackground.bmp
beat2x/data/messages.bmp
beat2x/data/splash.bmp
beat2x/packs/do_not_delete.txt
beat2x/packs/ccMixter/Deshita - Look and Feel Years Younger (Vega Vege Remix) (Radio Edit).bxe
beat2x/packs/ccMixter/Deshita - Look and Feel Years Younger (Vega Vege Remix) (Radio Edit).ogg
beat2x/packs/ccMixter/license.txt
beat2x/packs/ccMixter/PorchCat - Never Get Out (Billyclub Mix).bxe
beat2x/packs/ccMixter/PorchCat - Never Get Out (Billyclub Mix).ogg
beat2x/packs/ccMixter/songlist.bxs
beat2x/packs/ccMixter/Voide386 - Dj Void-Propa.bxe
beat2x/packs/ccMixter/Voide386 - Dj Void-Propa.ogg

Hope it helps.

yep I have that structure and it still goes back to the menu and then on the 2nd attempt crashes :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Mainnine: I have had this problem too, it is (almost certaintly) to do with the zip-extractor that I have been using, if you are on OSX you might consider using the stuffit expander to unarchive rather than bomarchiver ?

@ Miq01: Just my thoughts, but would it be possible to be sent back to the menu after you fail a level or have a quit button ? I know it has been mentioned already, but if you fail a level on your first attempt when you quit to the main menu it doesn't save your progress and you have to start from L1. Also I think it would be nice if the game paused between levels unitll you press a button, then you have time to get a cup of tea / scratch your arse whatever between levels ? (perhaps this is only usefull for me :lol: )

I've said it before but, man I love this game.

Mr_Munk: yes, it will be possible to quit playing and save your score, so that you can start from the last level. And I'll add a "PRESS ANY BUTTON" before starting each level. Next version is going probably going to have both features.

Ya, I was thinking that (I dunno if I already posted that). If you fail, have you not suffer through the rest of the song. Like in DDR.

EDIT: Ya, Ive already suggested it.

mainnine posted on Mar 5 2006 at 04:50 PM said:
yep I have that structure and it still goes back to the menu and then on the 2nd attempt crashes :blink:
Do you use a Mac?
Crashes on startup can be caused by the invisible files Mac OS X puts on the SD.

PSyMastR posted on Mar 6 2006 at 06:17 AM said:
Ya, I was thinking that (I dunno if I already posted that). If you fail, have you not suffer through the rest of the song. Like in DDR.

EDIT: Ya, Ive already suggested it.
Sorry about that, PSyMastR. I thought you were talking about just going back to menu. So, as you see, yes, score will be saved without needing to wait for the song to end.

Ah, so you are using mac like me ? That makes sense, I guess something is going on with us mac users and either the unarchiving process (although if you've tested stuffit and it doesn't work it looks unlikely) or (like BlackMac suggests) the junk that the os puts on the sd card, I'm not sure how to get around this though, maybe deleting in the gp2x file explorer ?

I'll have a go as soon as I've finished doing coursework for tommorrow (which reallisticly means tommorow - infact I shouldn't even be reading the forums, I should be working... bye :ph34r: )

Have you considered swapping the location of the up and down arrows o make it more like Stepmania (It'd be kind of difficult to switch to this new display and learn to read the arrows different as the up and down arrows are reversed)?

Wouldnt it be possible to "simulate" a twobutton press by setting the numbers
slightly different ?

e.g.

A 175444
B 175445
Y 176421

Wouldn´t it register those four events ?

Just asking ?

miq01 posted on Mar 7 2006 at 03:23 AM said:
Several people have asked me to reverse up and down arrows as it seems to be more common, so I'll change it. Expect to see it in the next version.
Can you make it an option, as I really like the way it is.

bambi007 posted on Mar 7 2006 at 06:55 AM said:
Wouldnt it be possible to "simulate" a twobutton press by setting the numbers
slightly different ?

e.g.

A 175444
B 175445
Y 176421

Just asking ?
I thought about that, and I will try it soon. I'll get back to you.

bambi007 posted on Mar 7 2006 at 01:55 PM said:
A 175444
B 175445
Y 176421

Yes. It will register them but the program expects a button to be released before another one is pressed. So unless you're capable of pressing A and releasing it before pressing B in less than a millisecond :), it won't work.

As I think I said before, I'll try to change this behaviour.

Hi.

For those asking for a tutorial to create your own song packs, here it is. If you have some comments or doubts about it, please write them in the new thread I've just written here (wait for a few hours if it's not visible yet).

how do i skip songs or save my highscore, i can beat the first 2 songs but i get no option to save hight score or skip them other than that it works great

triton posted on Mar 8 2006 at 04:22 AM said:
how do i skip songs or save my highscore, i can beat the first 2 songs but i get no option to save hight score or skip them other than that it works great
Looks like you don't have the latest version where there is song skipping and hi-score saving. Once the game ends, if your score is higher than the ones on the top-ten, a "enter initials" screen appears and then you can check it on the "high scores" option in the main menu. And to skip songs, simply start playing the same song pack and select a level.

it shows the highscore menu and stuff but i never get an option to save my score.

Back