Be Gentle

zaffercharles

Website
Visit site
hello, ive been lurking around a few days now and after reading through many posts i havent really found what ive been looking for. Forgive me if its here somewhere honest ive looked fairly hard :(
i found the gp32 and this site a long time ago, before the overclocked ones were on sale, and though it looked great and exciting- it had too little power for my taste at the time - compressed video at 10 fps didn't seem quite good enough for the effort of making them. Just my personal opinion, i wasnt into handhelds anyway but the gp32 almost had me.
so after reading a lot about it i reluctantly decided against it. Now it all starts again for me- gp2x sounds as if its what i was hoping from the gp32 in video and emulation, but as ive never owned the old one or seen anything running -and i know that things have progressed in my absence, can someone state the general progress of a few emulators on gp32? it would give me a better standpoint to judge the gp2x from. Im most interested in mame but realise its more suited to the consoles which isnt a problem. I believe ill have to get one of these even if it doesnt quite meet my hopes of it, i realise itll do a lot of cool stuff anyway and ive waited long enough :p see, personally im not really happy with settling for no sound in particular on emus, and way back when, there seemed to be too many compromises for me to take to be worthwhile when im not already mad about handhelds anyway and i can play everything on the pc at full speed. anyone care to help please? ie is it probable we'll be able to play anything up to/under genesis/tg16 fullspeed maybe snes/gba near full speed with sound on gp2x.
Thank you in advance.

P.S dream situation: being able to carry mame streetfighter alpha/zero3 around - 'drool' . Dont worry, I've already surmized the likeliness of it! :D

General status... Check WIP on the Wiki. but from what I've gathered

Snes : Playable, a bit laggy at times, lack of options, guess it would be out soon
Neo-geo CD : Laggy, semi playable, but is improving
Genesis (DRMD) : Not going to be out for a long while
Ryleh's EMUS : Unknown, but Ryleh has hinted that it will not be long.

thanks Yuglooc, but i wondered how much has been squeezed out of the gp32.
or if it isnt too much trouble then a link to something on this - i dont mind doing my own investigating but id appreciate a point in the right direction, theres a lot of info here :)

Here's a site for you:
http://newbie.gp32x.de/

I'm not sure what systems you'd be interested in, so heres a rundown of some of what I play on my gp32:

snes- its playable for rpg's and a couple other games, but still pretty slow (or really high frame skip), especially with sound on.

genesis/megadrive- it runs about 90% of games at full speed with low (0?) frameskip and sound.

nes- As far as I can tell, it runs perfect, 0 frameskip with sound

sms- i haven't played much sms on my gp32, but what I have played seemed to play just about perfect, however, i have heard that there are many problems with it...

Back