Battlefield 2 Good Not To Expensive Graphics Card?

I'm crap at most games but this one I'm good at, averaging about 35+ kills a round.

Whats your favourite player type? Mines special ops, beats all hands down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Novatech has the 6600GT for £113 or the 6600GT 256mb for £146

I'm getting better at Battlefield. I was number 1 in a server of 32 the other day.

I mean, they might have all been crap, but I was like a man (in a tank) possessed.

Unfortunately, I have yet to re-create this day.

I'm getting pretty good too, too good for my liking ;).

Although I played with a mate from IRC and got put in my place.

I am quite good at FPS's if I do say so myself....apologies Finty for not getting in touch with you about CS, my parents have been hogging the net for ebay for the past few nights.

I'm tempted to pick up battlefield 2.

AMD 3600 XP
512MB ram
Geforce 5500

should be ok shouldn't it?

Plays half life 2 perfectly, is a bit touchy with far cry for some reason.

CABBAGES posted on Jul 8 2005 at 10:14 AM said:
got my ram and graphics card today and had a wee shot of it. Im worried i think i migth get addicted to this.

how does it run with the Card??

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy world, just installed Half life 2 on my laptop as I hadn't played it since I threw away my desktop.

Amazingly it plays at 1280 x 800 resolution and High detail exceptionally well, cl_showfps averages at about 30 fps.

Yet when I load Delta force black hawk down that crawls to a standstill.

However Far cry runs fine.

I might go even crazier and try BF2 on my laptop next, I'm beginning to learn that some hardware is just lucky with some things and not with others.

i found out how to stop it crashing. I need to open the siode of my pc and stick a big fan poiting into it to stop it crashing :unsure:

ahh, I think the Geforce 6600's Etc etc Cards Generate ALOT of heat and you need Very Good cooling.

What type of Case do you have?

Do you have any Spaces in your case for any more fans?

Back