Battery Status Is Always 100%

Lupin

Website
www.ergwow.com
I just got my GP2X monday and was using Energizer e2's Lithiums and it kept saying 100% and I had played it for about 8 hours so I though "damn these things are worth the $10 for 4", well a few minutes ago I was playing Contra and the screen freaked out cause the batteries where out. But, the light for low battery never came on and when I went into COntra it said 100%. Any ideas as to why its not reading it correctly?

If it was on Squidgesnes, then the battery indicator has been turned off for some time now, since it reduced performance by a substantial margin.

The low battery light has, so far, not been implemented, as far as I know. Really should have been something done in hardware, I suspect, but then that would have ramped the cost up apparrently for unneccessary reasons. Hey, that's life.

If you were using the battery meter in the firmware to check... well, it says "full" until there's abuot 30 minutes of life left (medium or midim), and if it says low, just don't even bother trying to play anything.

If it said full even at the point when the batteries gave out on the firmware meter... I suppose Energizer could have devised some way to scale the discharge of the battery so that it remained at constant voltage until it ran out at which point it hit zero near instantly, but that would seem to be very very advanced battery technology, and would go against anything I've heard about how Ni-Mh batteries work. I doubt they have. Morelikely, the battery meter wasn't working right...

yeah I was refering to the Gmenu2x one not the built in the GP2X menu. But thx for that why the hell doesnt the light work. Thats something that was perfected back on the orginal Game Boy if I remember correctly hehe thx though for the info

The red light works since firmware 1.4 I think, but it is very imprecise, and turns on very early on my Gp2x (with still one or two hours left to play).
I suspect its those Lithiums with a strange voltage curve that are confusing the "red light".

Hmmm, btw why do those Lithiums don't come as rechargeables?

Julius posted on Sep 27 2006 at 04:50 PM said:
The red light works since firmware 1.4 I think, but it is very imprecise, and turns on very early on my Gp2x (with still one or two hours left to play).
I suspect its those Lithiums with a strange voltage curve that are confusing the "red light".

Hmmm, btw why do those Lithiums don't come as rechargeables?
because they are lithium :p

Last edited by a moderator:
mine arent rechargable. They are just the normal e2's. Hey who remembers the batteries that had a checker on them. When you had to hold down one point on the - side and another on the body close to the + side. Hehe those where awesome :p

Lupin posted on Sep 27 2006 at 01:25 PM said:
mine arent rechargable. They are just the normal e2's. Hey who remembers the batteries that had a checker on them. When you had to hold down one point on the - side and another on the body close to the + side. Hehe those where awesome :p
Yeah! Why don't they do that anymore?

shinneri posted on Sep 27 2006 at 05:30 PM said:

I do not know. But I remember loving them. Those were awesome.

yalborap posted on Oct 1 2006 at 01:09 PM said:
shinneri posted on Sep 27 2006 at 05:30 PM said:

I do not know. But I remember loving them. Those were awesome.

They still exist.
http://www.duracell.com/uk/products_everyday.asp
Duracell Ultra M3 is Duracell’s best battery for electronic devices. It has been specifically formulated to meet the increasing power demands of high powered devices such as digital and flash cameras. Duracell Ultra also features a battery tester on every battery** so you can check your power anytime anywhere.

I want rechargables with the battery checker feature. It'd actually be quite usful then. No more "Does it need another hour? Is it fully charged now?" or "Huh, what's this battery doing here.... is this one I've already charged?"

Lupin posted on Oct 1 2006 at 04:57 PM said:
yeah that would be nice. But, what kind of device do you have that doesnt tell you when they are charged?
I've had some scares with my GP2X. I have the carry case, and always have a spare set of batteries in it. Sometimes the spare set I have turns out to be uncharged. So I put them in, turn the unit on. It boots up.... then turns off afterwards. And I run around the room yelling "Arrrgh! It's dead! The new batteries killed it!" whilst really, it was the fact the batteries had no charge. If rechargables had this on the side, I'd be able to quickly check if my spares are alive before inserting them. I have like 12 rechargable AA batteries around the house (and some AAAs for my TV remotes and such. No non-rechargables in this house :) ). It can get hecktic at times..... And like I said, there can be some guess-work in knowing if your batteries are fully charged or not, something this would help remove.

I just got my GP2X monday and was using Energizer e2's Lithiums and it kept saying 100% and I had played it for about 8 hours so I though "damn these things are worth the $10 for 4", well a few minutes ago I was playing Contra and the screen freaked out cause the batteries where out. But, the light for low battery never came on and when I went into COntra it said 100%. Any ideas as to why its not reading it correctly?
Did you find any fix for this or something? Same thing happens to me... I am using energizer 2500mAh rechargable batteries and the low battery warning in gnuboy does not work (i think thats the right program :rolleyes: ) and the battery light on my gp2x never turns on to indicate low battery. I have played until the power went out (I caught pikachu was all excited then no power.... :( ) and both gmenu2x and the normal gp2x menu show battery status at 100% all the time.

Any ideas?

Back