Battery Packs?

kuehnau

Still Fresh
Hey, I got my GP2X F200 in the mail, I am liking it a lot. I see what they mean by how it eats batteries. I was wondering, does anyone know of any decent rechargeable battery packs? Kind of like how the Gameboy and Sony PS1 had? Like a big old brick you charge up and then plug into the DC port of the GP2X? Something that could last between 5 and 6 hours would be awesome, that I could carry around in my pocket.

kuehnau said:
Hey, I got my GP2X F200 in the mail, I am liking it a lot. I see what they mean by how it eats batteries. I was wondering, does anyone know of any decent rechargeable battery packs? Kind of like how the Gameboy and Sony PS1 had? Like a big old brick you charge up and then plug into the DC port of the GP2X? Something that could last between 5 and 6 hours would be awesome, that I could carry around in my pocket.
You are already using rechargable Nimh aren't you? Good 2700Mah+ should last over 4 hours... I think a few people have played with sticking 4 AA's together (2 pairs in parallel) but none I know of that you can buy ready made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there are several rechargeable "bricks" I have found online, that allows you to charge them up, and then plug it into several different devices. I was just curious if anyone has found one that works fairly well.

And right now, no, I just got it, so I had to use some batteries I had laying around. Some basic duracell batteries lasted me about a half an hour before they were at about 10% :p

kuehnau said:
Well there are several rechargeable "bricks" I have found online, that allows you to charge them up, and then plug it into several different devices. I was just curious if anyone has found one that works fairly well.

And right now, no, I just got it, so I had to use some batteries I had laying around. Some basic duracell batteries lasted me about a half an hour before they were at about 10% :p
Half an hour is good for 'normal' (alkaline) batteries. They really are not suited for high drain devices such as the GP2x, they just can't push out enough power. (you'll find the same with many digital cameras etc). Rechargeable Nimh's are required to provide the constant high power drain.

kuehnau said:
I am looking for stuff like this, this right here, looks like it could work well:

http://www.teckwave.com/?prodId=146737&twid=65019

well, you need ~3v for a start. I'm not sure how they would attatch to the gp2x, battery terminal or dc jack. There are a few other threads on this, search around the forum. Most people favour just packing an extra 2 batteries in their bag!

kuehnau said:
I am looking for stuff like this, this right here, looks like it could work well:

http://www.teckwave.com/?prodId=146737&twid=65019

If you get something that plugs into the DC In port of the GP2X, it needs to have an ~3V output with a minimum of 1.0A current capacity. Also, ensure that the center of the plug can be configured with negative polarization.

I did run a search (one of my pet hates on forums are people who pop up and ask a question which has been asked a thousand times before) but it very helpfully returned no results, both with and without a dash. Bah, humbug! <_<

I see from the results I got when I searched this time my question was pointless. Ah well. :(

Back