Battery Life Severely Impaired?

lancelott

Hi, I've had a GP2X since around the December it was released or so. It's an MK1 running on 2.1.1.

The battery life has been seriously stunted lately.

Some sand (not a whole lot) may have got into the console while I was switching batteries. I've since blown through the area to make sure any remaining sand pieces are gone.

I noticed that the bottom battery you put in is always loose compared to the top one. Could this have something to do with it?

On fully charged Energizer 2500mah batteries, one pair was on empty and one pair was on medium upon trying them in my GP2X.

This doesn't seem right at all...

I'm using pretty common NIMH batteries in mine(generic green ones, that you can get at any Radioshack or eletronics store.), and so far they work just fine. Not to mention, they come with a charger, that can be used on any kind of rechargeable batteries out there. However, I know from experience that batteries don't last forever, and there are cases where brand new ones of any kind, simply have little to no battery life in them.

As for your batteries, you didn't state if they were re-chargeable, but if that is the case, how many times have you charged them? Though I think the ones I'm using can be re-charged over 1000 times, this is probably just a rough estimate. My older batteries died pretty fast, and seemed to only re-charge around 40 times, before they just failed to give my old GBA anything but about a half and hour of battery life tops, and the GBA was hardly a battery eating machine XD

I did state that, actually. And I hear a rattling sound when I shake the GP2X--is that indicative of something wrong?

I've charged them a lot, but I don't have any other rechargeables to test it on.

lancelott said:
And I hear a rattling sound when I shake the GP2X--is that indicative of something wrong?
Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
before you shake your gp2x, hold you hand over any buttons, cause they are supposed to rattle :p holding your hand over them stops them from ratteling, if you STILL hear something rattling then you might have something broken inside.

Back