Battery level is completely wrong

lumberjackprince

Still Fresh
I just got my Pandora and, unless it is recharging, it only displays 2 levels, 100% and 1%. Since my SD card hasn't arrived yet, I've only been able to poke around with it but the battery level was always 100%.

After a few days of occasional use, it wouldn't turn on. I found ED's post about a shim for the battery and that worked but when it booted up, the battery was at 1% when it had been at 100% a few minutes before. As it charges, the battery level display changes but once it hits 100%, it doesn't go down. I used it for an hour browsing the internet with no change. Any ideas on how to figure out what is wrong?

you said you tried the 'shim' wondering if you have have you tried breaking the plastic cover at the 'step' of the battery with a fingernail? this allows the battery to sit better (assuming you had one of those batteries where the wrapping was not done properly?)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a picture of exactly how the battery is shimmed? I've tried a number of thing and none of them are giving me a reliable battery readout. I also don't know if it is charging properly. The last time I tried charging it after 2 hrs it had not even gone up by 10%.

Using my fine art skills, here perfect rendering of the back of the pandora, the lighter section is the slighty raised section of the battery and the 3 yellow lines are the battery contacts. L and R are the triggers and I've labeled the corners to make talking about this clear.

The dashes are where I've tried putting shims, along AD and part of AB, but I still have yet to get the battery to report any drain while I'm using it (not plugged into the charger, of course).

Which side is the correct side or should I have shims on both sides? Should AB go the entire length? Or am I doing it all wrong?

pandoraBack.jpg

Nice diagram :) I would have thought a shim from BC and perhaps AB would be more useful, so as to push the battery against the contacts from the edge farthest from them BC and prevent any front back movement with the AB shim. Other than that some paper between battery and cover to press vertically aswell incase your battery is on the slim side and can drop away from the contacts at all. Hope you get sorted eventually, as it must be a pain.

Hmmm, agreed~ Very nice diagram. I wanted to sticky it, but I might wait till someone makes a complete "everything to do with the Pandora battery" guide...not to get confused with Pandoras battery on PSP of course.

Back