Battery is damaged, but working: need advice on replacement

That just looks like the label. The first batch labels were slightly large and they can catch on the battery door or edges. It doesn't look like there is anything wrong with your battery. I don't see any bulging and remember that the label is not part of the battery itself. The batteries are manufactured and then a big sticker is folded all around them. The seams are at the edges and can lift up. From your pictures, although grainy, I don't think you have anything at all to worry about.

That's great to hear. Thanks. And thanks to everybody else for the advice. Although I still think I'd like to order a replacement battery as soon as possible, since the label curls and keeps the cover from closing all the way.

That's great to hear. Thanks. And thanks to everybody else for the advice. Although I still think I'd like to order a replacement battery as soon as possible, since the label curls and keeps the cover from closing all the way.

Scissors?

@Aethix - Heh, your battery's label looks like mine does. Well, a *little* worse, but still, it seems like the same issue. That's why I mentioned mine - your original description just made me think of how the label on mine is. :p

Back