Batteries

Vince2501

I'm using 2500mh Sony batteries and I get maybe 2-3hours of use out of them tops, and that's after a full charge while doing basic things (play a little cps 2, music, etc, nothing too high end). Anyone else having problems?

Seriously????!!

That's horrible dude. What is the highest MHZ I can go with batteries? And on that note, would it make any difference whatsoever?

Vince2501 said:
I'm using 2500mh Sony batteries and I get maybe 2-3hours of use out of them tops, and that's after a full charge while doing basic things (play a little cps 2, music, etc, nothing too high end). Anyone else having problems?
Good 2500mah batteries should get you 4-5 hr playing time at 200mhz according to my testing. If you are using a fast charger, I suggest that you charge them in the fast charger, then a few more hours in a slow charger (assuming you have the time). Most fast chargers don't charge your batteries to 100%, more like 85%.

2700 and even higher batteries are now available from reputable companies like duracell. You may want to try them to increase even further. Don't forget that the higher capacity your batteries are, the few charge/discharge cycles you will get, which means that after a while (a while being determined by the battery capacity) the capacity of the battery will begin to diminish. So if they are getting a little old, it might be time to replace. With constant use, you may want to replacec them every 6-9 months, using the old ones in devices with less current needs.

Chris

Of course, the standard answer now (to any problem)is becoming "Just wait for the Pandora, it's better"

Last edited by a moderator:
really depends on your unit. My F100 can clock up to 290mhz safely and semistable (crashes when emulating gba and psx). I'd guess F200 can go as far as that too if you are lucky. Most of the units should clock to 240-260. There is a benchmark test on the archive which you can run to test how high your unit can safely go.

a power adapter is best for the 2x, i dont use batterys anymore, only if i take it anywhere which is very rare, then i take 8 fully charged (11 hours) 2500mah uniross ones (which are currently in other devices)

I heard the Maha PowerEx 2700 mAh are supposed to work really good with the 2X. Should give you around 5 hours. At the moment I have GP batteries at 1800 mAh.. They're getting old and barely last 1 ½ hour..

The energizer 2500's are everywhere and inexpensive and work really well. I use a 2-hour charger, and once charged I unplug it and plug it back in to "top off" the batteries. I think that helps because I get lots of life from pairs. I also recommend, since they're fairly small, carrying spares. I only go mobile the gp2x when I'm flying and carry 8 fully charged 2500's in addition to the 2 in the unit. I can get 15 hours of life in that arrangement.

I don't know what apps/games you use mostly on your F200, but I try to clock everything as low as I can on my F100 MK2. Most apps/games I can get away with 200MHz or less (sometimes 100 MHz) which really helps battery life. I assume you're referring to emulators, which some require high clockspeeds. 2-3 hours is pretty standard with me and my 2500 MAh batteries (energizer NiMH rechargables).

With the battery tester program, my 2700mAh GP rechargeables lasted 3:15 (at 250mhz, i think) - Should last longer without overclocking.

Back