Gp32 Restart

atnotts

Still Fresh
(Apologies if you think this should be in the 'I need help section', couldnt decide).

Has anyone else had problems with the GP32 restarting after a while. I was playing Quake the other day and after about an hour it restarted. Anyone think of any reason for it doing this? Low batteries, bug in game etc.

I also got a 'ran out of memory' screen when playing on Beats of Rage, so perhaps my SMC is too full or something. Ive got a GP32 BLU (166mHz) so didnt think Id have those sorts of probs.

Any suggestions would be great.

cheers,
alex

The restarting will be low batteries yes, or perhaps a bug in the Quake wad if you're sure the batteries aren't low.

The 'ran out of memory' will be a bug in the program, it's not the memory in the SMC, it's will be the ram in the gamepark being full or whatever. It's either the actual .fxe or the pak file that you're using. Maybe make sure you have the latest version of beats of rage and a good pak file.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. It was the batteries with the restart thing. Have been playing Quake on 166 for quite a while!

Yeah think it must be a bug in Beats of Rage as I've got the most recent files. It just happens on level 6, whether you start from the beginning or use the level select. Mind you they do say that the GP32 release isnt the 'finished' release.

Thanks again.

alex

Back