Batteries: Size Does Matter!

jose1711

Website
Visit site
hello everyone,

i recently bought philips multilife batteries 2700 for my gp2x and i was a bit disappointed when i found out they don't not fit into it. well, they do but it is a true pain in arse and even then the gp2x won't work (must me the contacts or what).

i was told on irc channel:
jtg: I think most batteries are smaller than the AA standard specifies, they can be bigger, but a lot of things won't fit them. There are some 3000mah s around, but they hardly fit in anything iirc. Thay're still standard AA, though

so just be careful when purchasing the (non?)standard AA batteries.

kind regards,

joe

ps: my 4-years old rayovac are too tiny on the other hand

Yeah, this is so true. Why couldn't they put real battery contacts on the GP2X... the ones with a spring on the - end. Well, maybe in MK3 ;)

Hmm, I've always managed to get the slightly-smaller batteries to work by stretching out that flap of metal that touches the negative contact slightly. I can't imagine it'd be too hard to hack a spring into the compartment if that is your preference. (but I agree, using a spring in the first place would've been wise.)

Miika said:
Yeah, this is so true. Why couldn't they put real battery contacts on the GP2X... the ones with a spring on the - end. Well, maybe in MK3 ;)
speaking of MK3 ... is there any chance in hell gamepark will outfit the unit with a DPAD? maybe it's too big a change but gamepark have upgraded the hardware of their machines before (blu, blu+) and i'm a dreamer.

it's too bad parts ran out ... davec and evildragon are no longer doing those mods.

or maybe since gp likes to upgrade screens we'll wind up with a touchscreen ;)

happy saturday :gp2x :p

Last edited by a moderator:
VARTA 2700 fits perfect and last between 4:30 5:20 at 200 mhz

So this is battery related? I'd thought that the GP2X just had a very snug fitting battery compartment when I found that it was nearly impossible for me to get my batteries (2500mah Energizers) out after they died. I had to go at them with a small blade to get them out until I came up with a better plan. =P

Tip if the batteries just barely fit and you can't get them out: Put a small length of ribbon under the batteries. Pull up on both ends to remove the batteries easily.

Stats for Uniross 2700mAh:

--------------------------------
STATISTICS:
Clock Speed: 200 Mhz
Running Time: 5:10:00
Average FPS: 81.89

Current charge: 45%
Initial internal charge: 974
Current internal charge: 719
------------------------------------

notes: at around 4hrs 50 the battery started to lose 100%charge; used an eforce v3000 fast charger - output 1.2v, 450mA; FW 3.0.0 GP2X MK2

peelie said:

STATISTICS:

notes: at around 4hrs 50 the battery started to lose 100%charge; used an eforce v3000 fast charger - output 1.2v, 450mA
you call that fast? mines 1.2v, 4000mah.

sam fisher said:
peelie said:

STATISTICS:

notes: at around 4hrs 50 the battery started to lose 100%charge; used an eforce v3000 fast charger - output 1.2v, 450mA
you call that fast? mines 1.2v, 4000mah.

lol obviously not as fast as yours, was going by the make/model on the box :)

peelie said:

STATISTICS:

notes: at around 4hrs 50 the battery started to lose 100%charge; used an eforce v3000 fast charger - output 1.2v, 450mA; FW 3.0.0 GP2X MK2
Hi threre!

I too do have that charger! Did you found any list of charge times for it?!
I pretend to buy that batteries too... Uniross 2700mAh... How long does it take to charge them?!

If you could help me with this it would be nice!

Now a question for everyone!!! My charger come with 2500mAh batteries... Is any charger able to charge batteries of 2700mAh or higher?!

Thanks

Check the batteries and the charger. The batteries what they need, the charger says what it provides. You shouldn't have any problems charging 2700 batteries in a charger that comes with 2500's.

BTW, Replying to a six-month old thread is considered bad etiquette.

Back