Batteries Problem

tix

Still Fresh
I just bought a hi speed charger with 4 NiMH - 1.2 V - 2300 mAh batteries, I charged them in 5 hours until the led starts to blink, but when I put them in my GP2X nothing happened :(
I put them in other devices (TV remotes, GBA) and they work OK !
What is the problem ???

My GP2X does that too sometimes. High speed chargers aren't that good. Charge them in a normal charger and try again.

Check that the batteries are making contact with the copper plates too. I have had to bend the copper bits out a bit on my GP2x as the batteries were a bit loose when put into the gp2x.

Also, don't leave it plugged into the mains when you're not using it. That'll stop batteries working for a while.

i have another, rather more serious problem with batteries....

sometimes my gp2x crashes, and i have to change the batteries to get it to work again :(

these are brand spanking new batteries, and everytime it crashes i have to replace them, which is costing me a bloody fortune.

when it crashes, i get a garbled load up screen, then i morphed white screen i cant get rid of wiithout turning the thing off.....

whats wrong?

Using alkalines? Those 'crashes' of yours are actually the batteries hitting a voltage at which the GP2X cannot sustain power. Because of their chemistry, NiMHs are so much better for the GP2X, as they keep a constant voltage with a drop at the end of their life, whereas alkalines have a steady voltage drop, meaning they can't power the GP2X after about 30 minutes.

nickspoon posted on Aug 26 2006 at 07:32 PM said:
Using alkalines? Those 'crashes' of yours are actually the batteries hitting a voltage at which the GP2X cannot sustain power. Because of their chemistry, NiMHs are so much better for the GP2X, as they keep a constant voltage with a drop at the end of their life, whereas alkalines have a steady voltage drop, meaning they can't power the GP2X after about 30 minutes.

actually yer i am, im using energiser alkaline batteries..... the only reason i didnt buy the rechargeable jobs is that i had to pay via my company credit card, and i only had 150 squid in cash on me at the the time (enough to cover the gp2x and the 1gb sd card) and my MD wouldnt let me use more....

spose i need to buy some rechargeable batteries then :)

thnx m8ee B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back