Background Music

haplo

Still Fresh
Website
www.mindstab.net
I love my gp2x to bits, so I thought I'd throw some cool ideas out there incase anyone was handy. I'd be really cool to be able to listen to music while say reading my text files. That'd be totally kick ass. I'd love who ever could make that happen ;)

Skitzo posted on Dec 4 2005 at 05:45 AM said:
Eventually someone (or some group of people) will either make the current menu able to multitask, or will make a replacment menu which will be able to multitask.
No need to change the menu. Port a command line mp3 player (madplay would probably be best as it's designed for fixed point devices), then run a script to start madplay with a playlist and return to the menu again. Haven't tested it, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
woogal posted on Dec 4 2005 at 07:36 AM said:
No need to change the menu. Port a command line mp3 player (madplay would probably be best as it's designed for fixed point devices), then run a script to start madplay with a playlist and return to the menu again. Haven't tested it, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

The menu is already due for an overhaul. Users need things like Reading Themes From SD Card, Multitasking, Up/Down support in the menu, and maybe some other cool enhancements like animated image support in the menu.

A new menu would be terrific.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back