Awaiting For 4all Ports.

chui

Certified Guru
I hope buy this machine for Christmas and port some 4all emus like uae4all.

Now, i am working on rewrite PSX4ALL for PC and DC, and helping to Fox for porting GENS to 100% multiplatform. I think that these projects are very interesting for pandora and gp2x wiz.

chui said:
I hope buy this machine for Christmas and port some 4all emus like uae4all.

Now, i am working on rewrite PSX4ALL for PC and DC, and helping to Fox for porting GENS to 100% multiplatform. I think that these projects are very interesting for pandora and gp2x wiz.
I don't mean to demean your tremendously helpful efforts in porting Gens, however... Picodrive is a very, very good Genesis emulator, and its highly optimized ARM ASM gives it a massive head start over Gens. I wouldn't bother porting another Genesis emulator to Wiz if I were you (and I'm sure notaz will do Picodrive)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Picodrive is a very good emulator but Gens is the most compatible. The main goal is convert Gens emulator to 100% multiplatform code (old Gens uses i386 assembler) and execute it under any machine. For Pandora, Gens4all only could be a more compatible emulator. I think that it is not necessary use assembler for emulating Genesis with Pandora.

Anyway, i am more interested on PSX4ALL for Dreamcast, GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Pandora.

chui said:
Yes, Picodrive is a very good emulator but Gens is the most compatible.
I remember Notaz saying that Picodrive is the most compatible Megadrive emu out there.

If I am not mistaken, Notaz's PicoDrive is much more compatible than the original PicoDrive we had on other platforms.

Uukrul said:
I remember Notaz saying that Picodrive is the most compatible Megadrive emu out there.
Where did you get that from?

--
If ported completely, Gens4all might be useful for 32x emulation, depending on how SH2s are emulated. Although I hope PicoDrive eventually gets 32x emulation too, I doubt it will happen this year.

icurafu said:
Hey Chui, thanks. I'll be interested to see what can be done for psx on the Wiz as well. Are you working with Zod and Tinnus on this one, or are they different branches?

We (Zod, Tinnus, Unai-i and me) try to do PSX4ALL for GP2X and Dreamcast at the past, but i think that original code had serious problems.

Now, i dont work with Zod and Tinnus at same emulator. I think that they must change emulator name for not to confuse.

About original Stef's Gens, it is a very very very impressive compatibility, close to paranoid. There are few games that not work.

Chui I've loved your work in the DC scene. It's nice to see you still working on the 4all projects. I would greatly appreciate any work you do for the Wiz, Pandora, or any other system/handheld for that matter. Best of luck!

UAE4All would be great! Always wanted a portable amiga and now with the Pandora it's finally possible :)

Back