Avi Video Player For Pandora?

kneehighspy said:
does anyone know of a decent AVI player for the Pandora?

thanks for any help!
There's loads. Have you installed the community codec pack (available from the main site)? IF so it'll play them using the default player. Otherwise install VLC, or by far the best Panplayer.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me.. they all seem to suffer from the same thing, which is the video overlay is messed up..
clicking on view or something.. the window is behind the video.. so you can`t see the menu..

Stainy said:
For me.. they all seem to suffer from the same thing, which is the video overlay is messed up..
clicking on view or something.. the window is behind the video.. so you can`t see the menu..

what do you need the menu for?

I usually use Panplayer started from Minimenu...choose your video, press play. FF/FR works wonderfully with the digipad, ESC gets you back, Pandora gets you out. Thats all I need. The only thing I discovered is, that very few of my videos need a higher clock or they stutter occasionally. 900 is usually fine. Watched the whole Big Bang Theory this way. Their can't be any better device for that series, as long as holodecks are not yet developed ;)

jottt said:
Stainy said:

I usually use Panplayer started from Minimenu...choose your video, press play. FF/FR works wonderfully with the digipad, ESC gets you back, Pandora gets you out. Thats all I need. The only thing I discovered is, that very few of my videos need a higher clock or they stutter occasionally. 900 is usually fine. Watched the whole Big Bang Theory this way. Their can't be any better device for that series, as long as holodecks are not yet developed ;)

Is there a solution to eliminate the tearing in all of the video players I have tried (stock mplayer, panplayer, vlc)? If there is a solution to this, it would be great to include that in the next firmware update.

pder said:
jottt said:
Stainy said:

Is there a solution to eliminate the tearing in all of the video players I have tried (stock mplayer, panplayer, vlc)? If there is a solution to this, it would be great to include that in the next firmware update.

If I remember correctly, you have to put vsync in the Xorg-Config. It's covered in the forums (or one of the forums) but I don't remember where.

Back