Any Good .avi Sites??

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
does anyone know of any sites where i can get .avi files dedicated to the gp32. all .avi files i tried wont work for me through gpcinema, apart from two vidoes i downloaded from joygp when i got gpcinema.
i would appreciate any help at all
thanks

Most of the time people re-encode video's for themselves to reduce the *legal* burden that putting them online may have, I suggest looking through the gpcinema forum and finding some good encoding instructions, I even think there are saved virtual dub settings for gp32, may not be too good for full length movies but it works alright for cartoons.

thanks guys, sam i tried your site about half an hour ago, i tried the dragonball download but i didnt work, it downloaded in about 10 seconds which i thought was weird, so when i looked at its properties it was only about 4.56kb. i dunno what happened. anything but cheesy music videos would be more than welcome at the moment. the ffx one was ok but the one that sounds like tom jones is dreadful

ok, so i put a search in for bittorrent and i find a site that dont really explain much......dont laugh, i can appreciate how dumb i sound. :huh:

i downloaded it and it says it installed etc... but im not sure what i do now, will sam fishers downloads work now? can you give me any links to any good torrent sites? thanks for the help so far everyone, i really appreciate it.

i recommend downloading shadows experimental build, just search shadow and bittorent in google.

once its installed, as soon as you click on any torrent it will begin automatically downloading.

GamePark128 posted on May 31 2004 at 04:01 PM said:
kazaa? :unsure:...... :D
Too many renamed files, (Forest Gump) Kaaza is like a box of chocolates, You never know what yer gonna git. :p

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
i searched for shadow and bittorent and ended up downloading bit tornado, i tried it with sam fishers site and i left it for say 15 minutes and it was still at 0%. im having as much luck with this as i did with trying to rip stuff from a dvd.

sam fisher posted on May 31 2004 at 05:09 PM said:
The reason is no one is seeding. Request what you want here and some people who have it may seed it.
Slightly ish off topic, But if what it is you are saying, Then what is the benefit of bittorent over things such as emule for example. ;) . I tried the original bittorent about a week ago just to see what all the fuss was about. And have to say, It was way too complicated for something that seems to be just another file sharing proggy. ;)

Please enlighten me :)

Trooper

sam fisher posted on May 31 2004 at 05:58 PM said:
I told my self that I would never say this to any one but...

GO INTO GOOGLE AND TYPE "HOW TO USE BIT TORRENT" !!!!
That wasn`t my question. :)

Trooper

@trooper

i myself am a major emule user, but have recently been turned on to the benefits of bittorrent.

the major problem i've always had with emule is the s l o w n e s s of my downloads. Harking from first napster, then audiogalaxy, then kaaza lite, i had grown used to comfortably hitting 50kb every time i was downloading, i was appaled to find that i rarely peaked 10kb on emule. Obviously to counter this i just downloaded five files at once.

Bittorrent on the other hand, offers brilliant speed. I've been d/l the new series of 24 thats just come to a close in america, whereas on emule i was looking at a good day or two to get an episode, now i have it in the same evening!

i wouldn't give up on bittorrent, for well known files check out suprnova.org do a search and find some stuff!

Back