Any Good .avi Sites??

@spray Thanks, Much appreciated :)

But whats this thing sam was saying at the top of this page, About seeding
The reason is no one is seeding. Request what you want here and some people who have it may seed it.

Sounds as though it gives you the option to turn on and off sharing at will, Which doesn`t sound as rewarding as the sort of credit/rating system used by emule.

Trooper

Sharing IS more complicated than with Emule (I myself have recently converted to BT - happened around the same time Sharereactor got shut down :D ). And, yes, I downloaded all of 24. It takes a few hours for something like that (350megs) not several days like Emule.

The problem is, Torrents have to be set up. Kind of like "I'll share *this* file...here you go, people" and then it's up to the community to keep the torrent alive (by always having a complete version of the file somewhere on the network). Therefore, you've got to be quick to get the file, you've got to be considerate to others trying to get the file, and it helps if as many people as possible know about and help share the file. Currently downloading a bunch of stuff at 300 kilobits per second. Edonkey never came close to that.

My BT client is Shareaza (which it seems nobody has heard of). It connects to BT, Edonkey, Gnutella1 and Gnutella2.

Thats just the way bittorrent works. As opposed to overnet et al where a search will check every persons available files, on bittorrent, users will "seed" the files they want to share. Basically they upload a little bit of information to a server that allows others to access the file.

What sams saying is that because no one can be bother to seed files, theres nothing to download.

That one of the major failings of bittorrent, whereas on emule, as you know, everyone can access everyones files, so for instances i've been able to get hold of some very old hundred reasons b sides, on bittorrent, the majority of shares seem to come from a minority of superseeds.

ColinR posted on May 31 2004 at 05:47 PM said:
My BT client is Shareaza (which it seems nobody has heard of). It connects to BT, Edonkey, Gnutella1 and Gnutella2. <Loads of disk access atm...That's "The Day After Tomorrow" done...>
ColinR, have you had any problems with the MPAA and your isp getting heavy over film downloads.

I got a take down notice through the post a few months ago and am scared poo less to download films again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmm...well no one's moaned yet, and my ISP couldn't tell it's arse from it's elbow anyway. My major sharing days are over anyhow - start an office job tomorrow :( . No more getting up in the afternoon, driving 3 hours to work, do 45 mins work then drive back - and filing for 9 hours... :(

thanks for all the help and suggestions, but i have one last question, if say i download an avi file through a file sharing site, do i need todo anything else to it for it t work throug gpcinema? as i said, all(....well, all three!)avi files i downloaded this way wouldnt play on gpcinema.

as stated in about the second or third post

USE VIRTUAL DUB

go to www.entware.com and download the xvid codec.

then follow one of many tutorials available, theres one at www.gp32emu.com, and you'll be sitting pretty.

Back