Avegant Glyph - as a Pyra companion device?

Looks funky, I´d like to try one.

Me too. However, it's one of those semi-personal items like a hat or headphones that you don't exactly want to loan or borrow.

I've decided to force myself to not make a decision to buy or not to buy a Glyph until I have a Pyra in-hand. From ED's latest postings about the 2nd prototype board run pushing into September... It could be a while.

Me too. However, it's one of those semi-personal items like a hat or headphones that you don't exactly want to loan or borrow.

I've decided to force myself to not make a decision to buy or not to buy a Glyph until I have a Pyra in-hand. From ED's latest postings about the 2nd prototype board run pushing into September... It could be a while.
I want to try one first, unfortunately I have no idea where this could be possible.
Maybe there'll be more devices like this in the future or the company will give out some demo models to big eletronic stores in major cities at some point, would be nice.

It lacks all the things I don't like about full VR headsets.

it looks way too heavy and will most probably hurt your head and/or nose bridge when wearing it for longer than 10 minutes..

cool idea though

I found another so-so rating review, but it shows the "Optional Headstrap" that the Glyph comes with.
http://www.wareable.com/headgear/avegant-glyph-review

It's no wonder they don't put pictures of the headstrap equiped Glyph on their main product website. But - it might alleviate a chunk of the weight off of the nose if the strap runs a bit forward of the center of gravity for the device?

Even though the headstrap looks extra nerdy, I suspect that by the time a person is seen using one of these in a public space they are beyond caring about what they look like while wearing it?

I wear glasses - so I'm used to having something resting on the bridge of my nose. My greater concern is the clamping pressure at the ears. I can't wear most big headphones. Brain bucket is too big I guess.

I think it is a fantastic proof of concept. I hope they sell enough of them to justify continuing the engineering and creating a 2.0 version.

Back