Australia

The Last Spartan

Still Fresh
Website
gbatemp.net
Hey all

Im getting a GP2X as soon as I save up my money right. I want to know where the best place to get a GP2X Value pack including postage to Victoria. Play-Asia looks the best so far but i dont mind waitin a week to save 10-20AUD. Thanks for your help as I will be posting here much more once I get my GP2X

The Last Spartan said:
Hey all

Im getting a GP2X as soon as I save up my money right. I want to know where the best place to get a GP2X Value pack including postage to Victoria. Play-Asia looks the best so far but i dont mind waitin a week to save 10-20AUD. Thanks for your help as I will be posting here much more once I get my GP2X
There is playasia and the australian store http://www.gp2x.net.au/

Besides those there is www.gp2x-store.com in the US and www.gp2x.co.uk in the you guessed it... UK.

All have great service so look for the cheapest one including postage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick reply Iorgy77. I had already seen all those sites but i never checked out postage. The Australian site has no postage but im leaning towards play-asia for now

Bear in mind that if you order from Play-Asia, and get a faulty unit, returns may take a while (upwards of 2 months). Obviously, this is unlikely, but a handful of us have been stung in the past.

Otherwise, I can only vouch for the UK store, which I was very impressed with.

The Last Spartan said:
I am going to go with gp2xstore(USA). For the reason that cHEM just gave and its only 2 dollars less then play-asia.
you won't regret it, enjoy your :gp2x

:)

I bought mine from the Australian guys and they were great! I'd highly recommend them as if something does go wrong I'm sure they'd be much better placed to provide you with good support.

I bought at play-asia and lucked out with a good unit. There was no Australian store at the time. I would go Aussie if I was to buy one now.

Got mine from Arcade Gaming Australia this week. No issues with good customer support. Shipping took a bit long (1 week since placing order) but it was free. Added nice DVD with software to get you started right away.

http://www.arcadegamingaustralia.com.au

I like to support local guys and also if something does happen it's easier to get support.

Regards,

ChaPPy.

Line O'Sevens said:
Australian store FTW. Their service has always been excellent, they're keen to support the GP2X scene and there's more to life than saving a coupla bucks.
Good to see another bloke from downunder supporting the GP2X scene, welcome to the community. I'm from New Zealand myself, probably the only kiwi to own one of these babies. Woo!

If the Australian sotre had been open when I got my GP2X I would have ordered it from there. I got mine from Play-Asia at the time and was lucky it worked but a mate of mine who lives not far from me told me his tale of woe where he ordered his from Lik-Sang and had to send at back at great expense because it didn't work.

I ordered a AC adaptor from the Aussie store, had no problems with the service and delivery was quick.

I'm from Adelaide. I bought mine before the AU store existed and I got it from www.gp2x.co.uk No problems here :)

Back