Australia Bans Gta

The australians ban everything.

Vodka served with red bull (or equivalent) is one of their worst crimes, so what if I want to speed up and slow down my heart rate at the same time.

dixons and its various affiliates removed it from shelves following them killin's.

whilst working at smiths at the time of the media frenzy i can say we followed suit and removed it from shelves the same day, but it was back on the shelves as soon as someone did a refill on the shelves.

Twimfy posted on Jul 29 2005 at 11:46 PM said:
Vodka served with red bull (or equivalent) is one of their worst crimes,

uh. Wrong. I'm in australia now and last time I went out I got shit faced on vodka redbull.

Last edited by a moderator:
c0ncept posted on Jul 30 2005 at 08:29 AM said:
Twimfy posted on Jul 29 2005 at 11:46 PM said:
Vodka served with red bull (or equivalent) is one of their worst crimes,

uh. Wrong. I'm in australia now and last time I went out I got shit faced on vodka redbull.

My mistake, it was something I heard on the grapevine.

Damn you grape vine *shakes fist*

Also, I went into EB the other day and saw that the psp version of gta is 'coming soon'. I wonder if its just the console version that got banned? Source rabbits in hats?

Mark posted on Jul 30 2005 at 01:15 AM said:
No games have ever been banned in the UK to my knowledge.

I'm pretty sure the first GTA was banned briefly after release and then unbanned shortly after that.

How do you mean banned, though? I don't think it was actually outlawed, but as Spray said some shops have a knee-jerk reaction and take the games off the shelves to save their asses.

I may be wrong though.

I heard somewhere that Fable is apparently recieving the same treatment for apparently promoting violence against women.

Mark posted on Aug 15 2005 at 01:15 PM said:
How do you mean banned, though? I don't think it was actually outlawed, but as Spray said some shops have a knee-jerk reaction and take the games off the shelves to save their asses.

I may be wrong though.

Its all abit hazy to me now but I seem to recall it being 'outlawed' for a short period - a week or a fortnight or so. Though I am carp at remembering stuff :unsure:

I think that it was banned because of the "unlockable content" discovered by esrb. Rockstar is working on taking that "unlockable content" out of the game and then rereleasing it.

The Arctic text adventure games for the Spectrum were withdrawn by Boots and W.H.Smith back in the 80's because you can perform lewd acts. I have notified World of Spectrum that they can expect a sudden heavy load on their servers :lol:

Back