Audio in/out

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
I saw that there are pure data packages on the armhf repo of debian, so it is likely that pure data works. Which is great so that started me thinking on the Pyra audio ports. On the Pandora we had the great line in and line out on the tv out cable but that is missing from the pyra. We have offcourse have the normal jack out/headphones out but are there also audio in/out options available via HDMI?

but are there also audio in/out options available via HDMI?
I'm not sure what ICs exactly are being used, but I doubt that HDMI ARC will be supported - so no audio in. The general issue with HDMI audio is that it's a custom solution which is incompatible with S/PDIF and requires converters.

hmmm no audio in that would be a bummer, we can use the jack plug solution that has an "in" for headphone/headset stuff doesn't it?
It is neither stereo nor can it be used as a line level input, it is strictly bound to the electrical characteristics of an common source electret microphone. In contrast to line/headphone out you can't use it for both.

It is neither stereo nor can it be used as a line level input, it is strictly bound to the electrical characteristics of an common source electret microphone. In contrast to line/headphone out you can't use it for both.

Hmm crap so we won't be able to use it as a guitar effect... Then I have to look for a USB soundcard.

FWIW, I've had one of these in my shopping basket since I learned it has a burr-brown DAC in it like the Pandora has.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UCA202-U-Control-low-latency-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

It has sp/dif out, but only line level in (as well as line out and headphone out - although I remember reading reports that it doesn't work well with consumer headphones). Since the Pyra will lose line in, I might finally end up buying one soon.

FWIW, I've had one of these in my shopping basket since I learned it has a burr-brown DAC in it like the Pandora has.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-UCA202-U-Control-low-latency-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

It has sp/dif out, but only line level in (as well as line out and headphone out - although I remember reading reports that it doesn't work well with consumer headphones). Since the Pyra will lose line in, I might finally end up buying one soon.

That looks nice.

Back