Beta Audacity 1.3.12

Ok, I decided to close pnd_run.sh.

I'm not sure if it wasn't working before, but the d-pad and keyboard seems to work now. However, the mouse clicks (both left, and right) do not work. So I can scroll up & down across my different tracks, and delete something, and press ctrl+z to undo the deletion. But I can't open any of the menus on top... is there a way to change focus from the tracks to the taskbar at the top, so I can open "file"?

Is there maybe some kind of "export audio" shortcut?... Ctrl+S probably doesn't work, because saving a non-compressed file onto my FAT32 card didn't work before...

EDIT: Ok, I can at least get it to play by pressing "space". But only one of the tracks is blue; the rest are grey; and only that one track is playing. Can I select it so that the other tracks will play as well?

EDIT2: Nevermind, I see that I had selected "solo" for it, which is why only that one track was playing...

EDIT3: YES!!! Wikipedia's Table of keyboard shortcuts article was really helpful. Alt+F brought up the file menu, whereupon I was able to save a compressed copy of the file. Hurrah!

Strange that the left+right mouse clicks stopped working, though.

EDIT4: I can confirm that Audacity won't allow me to set up a tmp folder on my fat32-formatted SD card, as zapman reported. After I do that, and restart Audacity for the change to take effect, I get the following error message:
Audacity could not find a place to store temporary files.
Please enter an appropriate directory in the preferences dialog.

This is the directory that it would not accept:
/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/audacity/tmp/.audacity_temp/

zapman said:
Setting the tmp folder to /pandora/appdata/audacity/tmp as a standard would be a good idea, as it help linux noobs like myself to record things without too much hassle. The standard location on the NAND is not a good idea and has to be changed manually atm.
slaeshjag, I'd really appreciate this change if it's not too hard to do and you have the time... 95mb (what I have left in the NAND) isn't much room for temporary audio storage.

In other news, I tried the following setup: my H2 Zoom recorder and a 500GB WD Passport harddrive connected to the Pandora via powered USB hub.

The harddrive came pre-formatted in NTFS, yet saving an uncompressed Audacity file to it worked, even though it didn't work for my FAT32 SD card!

However, I tried to change the temporary files location to the harddrive, and that didn't work. I got the error message: "Failed to set temporary file permissions (error 1:Operation not permitted)"

EDIT: I also tried the same thing with a Kingston 4GB SD card that I formatted to NTFS. Same story. I can't change the tmp folder to it, but I can save uncompressed Audacity files to it, which I couldn't do with my FAT32-formatted card.

Apparently, the Pandora works better with NTFS than with FAT32. Who knew? And I thought NTFS shouldn't work at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back