Release Audacity 1.3.12

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
With a bunch of debian packages, I was able to get Audacity to work.

Known bugs:

Playback/recording will halt if focus is lost

For recording to work, you need to change recording device to hw:0,1 and input device must be configured in xfce4-mixer.

audacity.png

»» Download ««

I'll make sure of it, he's in the IRC often.

Did I inspire you to do this, slaeshjag?

I just saw the bounty and wondered why nobody did it before, so I had to try for myself :p

I likely inspired Vad to make that thread, which you saw. Hooray for me!

By the way, there's a page on the wiki. It's pretty out of the way and obscure, though; the only entries are my FBA bounty and the Audacity one you just completed.

hi

thanks for this.

recording works wirh default temporary directory. but it does not seem to want to change temp directory to fat sdcard?

cheers

So, could I just hook up my synthesizer to the headphone port and start recording some stuff that way? Or is it a little more complex to use?

Great port of a great tool, thanks a lot.

recording works wirh default temporary directory. but it does not seem to want to change temp directory to fat sdcard?
THIS. I am experiencing the same problem, audacity quits with the error message "Failed to set temporary file permissions (error 1: Operation not permitted)"

According to gp32x.de saving to NTFS or ext2/3 works. How can you workaround so FAT is also accepted?

/edit: meta question

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing that comes to mind is to create a ext2 image, you can mount in a loopback and use for temporary files.

Something like this:

To create image

dd if=/dev/zero of=/path/to/image bs=1048576 count=size-in-megabytes

sudo mke2fs -m 0 /path/to/image # sudo, as regular users probably don't have filesystem tools in their path

To mount the image

sudo mount -o loop /path/to/image /path/to/mount # Mount it in a folder in your home directory, for conviniance

Only required once, gives you permission to use the image

sudo chown -R user:user /path/to/mountpoint

When I get my pandora back, I'll look into a proper port to replace this ugly mess.

Now that was fast, thank you for the instructions! I'll give it a go right away.

When trying to mount I get the info that there is no free loop device.

"mount" says that some app uses /dev/loop0

Stopping that app gives me "could not find any loop device. Maybe this kernel does not know about the loop device? (If so, recompile or `modprobe loop'.)

Was having trouble getting this to save project files. Kept getting error coming up saying "might not have permission/no disk space".

There was plenty disk space so decided to run as root.

Code:
sudo pnd_run /path/to/audacity.pnd

As root I was then able to set the temp directory to the SD card as well as save project files.

So it seems there must be a permission issue of some sort that needs to be fixed in order to get this to work not as root.

kthanx

So it starts and it plays back mp3s. but I still get an Error trying to record.

So I go here: [edit][preferences]

Set to ALSA

Output to "OMAP3Pandora HW:0,0"

> Will not playback.

Set Output to "Default"

> That works

Set Input to "OMAP3Pandora HW:0,1"

> Gives the following error when clicking Record Button.

"Error while opening sound Device".

"Please check the Input Device Settings and Project sample Rate".

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Seriously, OK now. Rebooted into 2.6 and now see Capture and Boost in the Mixer! I assume that the Activating the RED DOT turns ON the Mic? I tried it both ways though.

Does the Pandora have a built in Mic? Cause allthough now the Error is gone when I click record in Audacity, I get NO recorded Audio!

Playback is still fine and the Recording "appears to run" except NO Sound Input.

Bare with me Slaeshjag. I just need a bit more explaining.

Thank you

Back