Atari800 V0.7 Emulator Released

Just select one of the entries other than "type name". Your /gpmm/a800/state directory does exist right?

Tried doing that. When I select Load State is it supposed to have a screen to select the save state I want to load? Because it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Since we are on suggestions, how hard would it be to remeber settings like clockspeed each time it loads.

I have to say that this emu is excellent, its runs games brillantly.

carlgeorge posted on Oct 2 2004 at 03:52 PM said:
Just select one of the entries other than "type name". Your /gpmm/a800/state directory does exist right?

Tried doing that. When I select Load State is it supposed to have a screen to select the save state I want to load? Because it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Since we are on suggestions, how hard would it be to remeber settings like clockspeed each time it loads.

I have to say that this emu is excellent, its runs games brillantly.
Erm... Not sure whats going on there. Are you 100% sure that dir exists?! When you say it doesn't do anything at all do you mean it just stays on the main menu? Or goes to a screen with just a [..] on it? i.e. empty. There is room to save the file on the smartmedia right? Can you see the savestates in that dir using your card reader or gplink?

Clockspeed is stored in savestates. You can start up in a different state (startup like this). Of course it won't start in the ui then though... I plan to fix that.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
foft posted on Oct 2 2004 at 10:03 AM said:
DaveC posted on Oct 1 2004 at 11:39 PM said:
One thing though I would not have it autosave parameters like last disk used etc.  That wears out the smc
(limited writes) and could corrupt it if the batteries give out when saving.  I would make it manual or have an option to toggle auto save states on or off.

Good point... Though the limit is pretty high -> I have copied over Atari800 soooo many times while developing!

BTW If you do want to start in a specific state then you can use "startup like this" in the manage states menu.

I did actually mean just in the normal manual save states though. For some reason the current inserted disks are not stored. I think it would make sense to put that in.

Mark

Yeah the write limit is high. Many emus do alot of autosaving and I think that is the source of many corrupted SMCs as if the batteries go out or the user shuts off the unit during a write it could be a problem. I hear of corrupted SMCs on this board all of the time and I would bet it was because one of the above reasons.

Antiriad posted on Oct 2 2004 at 02:34 PM said:
DaveC posted on Sep 29 2004 at 04:32 AM said:
Nice splash screen.  Antiriad, by the way I like splash screens such as this one where it shows a picture of the system(s) emulated.  In my opinion they should all have this theme. 

Glad you like the artwork Dave! Remember that often the emulator author dictates what they want for their artwork though.

Oh yeah didn't think of that. I just think that it is nice to see the system on the splash screen. It is like in the past when you would play a game you would walk up to the console/computer and look at it as you were inserting the cart etc and then play it. Having a picture on the emulator kind of has the same "feeling" in my opinion.

I have done "art" in the past too although I am not as good as you are. I mostly did stuff in Dpaint on the old Amiga like the below screen for a DK clone that I never found a coder for. Or the newer GP32 file launcher idea that never took off. Or the MP3 player skin that was done for an old Casio PPC and actually WAS used.

http://www.geocities.com/dcancilier@sbcglobal.net/KONG.gif

http://www.geocities.com/dcancilier@sbcglo...p32menu1new.gif

http://www.geocities.com/dcancilier@sbcglo...et/elecskin.bmp

Good ol DPaint. Not to be sniffed at :)

I do agree with you though, its nice to have pictures of the machine(s) being emulated.

I found that pro-motion on the PC is a good Dpaint clone. See my above edited post for examples.

Erm... Not sure whats going on there. Are you 100% sure that dir exists?! When you say it doesn't do anything at all do you mean it just stays on the main menu? Or goes to a screen with just a [..] on it? i.e. empty. There is room to save the file on the smartmedia right? Can you see the savestates in that dir using your card reader or gplink?

Sorry this has took so long. I don't know what went wrong, but I reloaded Atari800 from the Zip file and the save states now work. I have a feeling that the card reader could be to blame as I occasionally get the odd corrupt file when I use it (folders that I can't delete that sort of thing). Either way I am well impressed with your efforts, thanks.

Back