Release Atari 800 Emulator *Almost Final*

S

StreaK

Atari 800 Emulator

What is it:

Atari800 is an Atari 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 emulator for Unix, Amiga, MS-DOS, Atari TT/Falcon, SDL and WinCE. Our main objective is to create a freely distributable portable emulator (i.e. with source code available).

Atari800 emulator was written by David Firth in 1995 and released under the GPL. So it was available with full source code in C. The code was written with portability in mind and that allowed various people to create ports of Atari800 for PC, Amiga, Atari, Mac and machines running UNIX-like operating systems

As there were no new versions of Atari800 since spring of 1997 several people (Perry McFarlane, Rich Lawrence, Thomas Richter, Radek Sterba, Robert Golias and me) started updating the last available v0.8.0 source code independently. Later we all got in touch and started working together. I also contacted the original Atari800 author, David Firth, who basically agreed with me maintaining the source code and putting out source and binary releases.

WWW: atari800.sourceforge.net/index.html

Download: 4th Floor Development [on FB Wall]

If you like this release, click like on 4th Floor Development Page

Screens:

Fred_(p1).png

Fred_(p2).png

Misja_(p1).png

Misja_(p2).png

Misja_(p3).png

Hello

This is looking good, sort of emulators I like messing with, thank you :)

Have given this a quick spin, so far it seems better than zx81's port(no offense meant!!). Sound is definitely improved on some games. Growing up we used to have a lot of Atari games from little known software house English Software as my cousin won a competition to get all games they released free for a year, so it's some of them that I'm always trying out first on new emulators! Anyway(now everyone's bored) the sound on Dan Strikes Back and Robin Hood is better on this version, these haveisic that can be a bit odd sometimes!

If there's another update brewing, can you add mapping the space bar and the return key to some of the face keys?(thanks)

Have given this a quick spin, so far it seems better than zx81's port(no offense meant!!). Sound is definitely improved on some games. Growing up we used to have a lot of Atari games from little known software house English Software as my cousin won a competition to get all games they released free for a year, so it's some of them that I'm always trying out first on new emulators! Anyway(now everyone's bored) the sound on Dan Strikes Back and Robin Hood is better on this version, these haveisic that can be a bit odd sometimes!

If there's another update brewing, can you add mapping the space bar and the return key to some of the face keys?(thanks)

Yay! I noticed in Star Raiders, the photon sounds were, to put it kindly, off. I'm looking forward to this!

Tried a few of the obscure titles like Cosmic Balance that used to crash the other version of the Emu. Works PERFECTLY! Another fantastic job!!!!

Hi there stouffa - I'm interested to know which competition your cousin won. Was it the "Diamonds" competition with a trophy showing Digger Dan? Would love to hear...

Spookily enough that's the exact competition, well remembered! Because if that I always remember the English Software games fondly as they would arrive at random to my cousins, I'd never have heard if then in advance, and eventually my family would get a loan of them and I could play them!(I was very young at the time, so didn't have any chance to get games for myself) ;-)

Back