Atari 2600 And M.a.m.e.

speyek

Still Fresh
will one of you awesome coders pick these projects and work on them please??

they need some attention.

mega gratefull if someone did this!!!

thanks!

How about VCS2600 emulators that well... Work? :)

No Adventure, Enduro, or Pitfall 2. Haunted House is goofy, Asteroids doesn't work... I mean seriously here, and no updates since... since... umm, yeow, since April 2003...
Makes ya wonder if anyone's even working on the project still.

I'm surprised no one's just tried porting the code of a good pc based emulator, like Stella. I mean its been ported to other architectures and the emulation coverage is NICE. I know everyone wants snes emulation (tho really, GP32 doesn't even have enough buttons, are they sure they really want to?) but lets not neglect perfecting some of the older platforms. :)

I know everyone wants snes emulation (tho really, GP32 doesn't even have enough buttons, are they sure they really want to?)

well, opensnes9x has done a bloody good job working round that (though games like streetfighter are a mite hard to play, rpgs and other slightly slower games work fantastically)!

darthbear, r u saying that your not gonna play the snes emu? its not like every game uses all the buttons, majority of wat i play with the snes emu doesnt.
its not like these people get paid to make emus, so they would want to make something the most amount of people would use, eg snes. makes sense, no?

so just chill man, if u want a emu that bad learn C and make your own, its all making wishing but moaning about them not comin true aint gettin you nowhere

yeh it would be cool to see a fully working 2600 and mame emus, but these things take time

Hey, if I knew it I'd totally try. :) I'll just wait... or figure out how to do it if I get time away from my website. Is it hard?

As far as snes emulation, my favs were 2600 and NES honestly (Genesis was awesome too), I just used the SNES mostly for RPGs and fighting games.

MAME would be nice but really, I wouldn't expect much of anything.. least not past games made in 84 or 85.

Back