Release Arkos Tracker 2

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Arkos Tracker 2, a Music Traker targeted toward CPC music
preview1.png

This pnd use box86. It seems to works fine, but some multi-chip music (the one with 9 track) seems to not always produce sound. I suspect this is a CPU Power issue (as they does sound ok on a Pi4). Maybe with some more box86 optimisations...

History log
=========

Build 02
-----------

• Updated box86 with a more optimized build
Build 01
-----------

• Initial build

Last edited:
Hi all !

@ptitSeb : I just talked to one of my colleagues who knows that "Julien" behind Arkos Tracker 2. He told me the man wouldn't mind giving access to the source code, and actually would be pretty pleased to see his work ported to a new platform :)

Is it worth a shot ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all !

@ptitSeb : I just talked to one of my colleagues who knows that "Julien" behind Arkos Tracker 2. He told me the man wouldn't mind giving access to the source code, and actually would be pretty pleased to see his work ported to a new platform :)

Is it worth a shot ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Sure, a native port would be even nicer (not that I'm able to compose with it myself, as I'm really not a musician, but there are some in this community).

(such a small world! that's awesome when you think of it!)

Last edited:
I don't know how it perform on 1Ghz pandora, but on my CC is a bit too slow (tested with overclock at 825Mhz).
I noted that is the touch operations are some pixel off centre (clicking on a menu voice is difficult), open a requester take a bit too much time, but during play it seems almost fine (only tested with a couple of 3 voices song).

Hope a direct port will gain some more speed.

Last edited:
I can also update the PND. I have just finished some dynarec optimizations in box86 that can lead to up to 100% speed increase :D . Not sure how it can affect Arkos Tracker, but that's still worth a try.

Hi all !

@ptitSeb : I'll send "Julien" an e-mail then :)

May I share your gmail.com address with him, for later discussions ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Yeah, sure.
Post automatically merged:

In the mean time, an updated PND with a more optimized box86 is on the repo.

Build 02
-----------

• Updated box86 with a more optimized build

@ptitSeb : we already have received a reply :)

Any prior experience with JUCE framework ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb : we already have received a reply :)

Any prior experience with JUCE framework ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Nope, never. But I guess we can still use the Personnal version, that should work for freeware?

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : any luck with that JUCE framework on the Pandora ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Not at all.

And to be honest, when I see the number of download of the latest PND I published 2 weeks ago, and the absolute lack of feedback (which is probably meaning that the few that downloaded them didn't even tried), I don't think I'll spent too much time on Pandora stuff (I may try to build an up-to-date Emu.Plus.Ex.Alpha serie, but that's all).

@ptitSeb : I totally understand, don't worry.

In my defense, I can't use my Pandora at the moment (sent it months ago for repair to ED, and it only came back from Germany yesterday). The parcel arrived at my workplace though, ~60kms from where I live (and where I work from home). To make matters worse, I also had an SD card corruption in November or December, and I lost almost all my Pandora related data...

I promise I'll try your latest PNDs ASAP (on May 11th, if everything goes as planned) :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Back