Argh! Fixed My Ds And Now Can't Use My Flashcart...

___

Advanced Member
As some of you may know as I mentioned this before, I had my NDS bricked by a friend who disconnected the power while flashing was in progress. I now aquired another unit which case was severely broken and transferred the system board into my old case. Only problem... My flashcart is a neoflash generation 1 and the new system board was taken out of one of those nintendogs special edition units. That means: Can't use my old passkey anymore.

I would like to know the following:
Is there a way I can get around wiring up the bios chip to a serial connection and flash this with ppflash? I know that you can simply swap the bios chips on the ds lite while one is running, I know about wifime. I do not have an ndsl, I do not have a compatible wifi-adapter (apparently unless I missed something).

Soooo... any ideas? Or do I have to either get another passkey or do the soldering and flash it over serial?

Well it's not that it wouldn't work, it's just that I am afraid of soldering wires to that tiny chip. Well, I will try this week... let's see what happens.

If you really don't want to do the soldering, PassMes are really cheap now. Personally, I'd just buy a slot 1 flash cart which are also very cheap. That'll let you use your old one as well as not having to patch NDS stuff.

Actually, yeah your are right. I think I might do the soldering thing with the other bricked system board just to make sure I have another working one, maybe I can even get an intact case from somewhere. Until then, I think I might get myself a new passme/flashcart. I was thinking about getting an M3 already and I might do that.

Back