Archos 43 Install Pandora Os

zRichi

I'm going to be messing with my archos 43 whilst waiting for my panda.

Website says you can install angstrom Linux on it. Would it be possible to get the pandora OS on it?
Obviously some tweaking would be needed but is be happy to give It a crack with the help from some guys on here.
Thanks

zRichi said:
I'm going to be messing with my archos 43 whilst waiting for my panda.

Website says you can install angstrom Linux on it. Would it be possible to get the pandora OS on it?
Obviously some tweaking would be needed but is be happy to give It a crack with the help from some guys on here.
Thanks

i've managed to run a few select pandora and nokia n900 binaries (binaries!) on it. also the OS is so freaking small you can have a whole functional OS + development environment on it in 300 MB. yes 300 megabytes...

The Archos omap3 tablets with angstrom are obviously NOT usable replacements for the pandora, but they ARE a fun way to get your feet wet playing with Angstrom and cortex-a8 code. Stop by freenode #openpandora IRC sometime if you're having trouble getting started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question is.. What do you hope to achieve?

Pandoras OS is Angstrom; if you want pandora kernel.. Not likely, but why? Pandora games... Well, pandora controls are different so not going to work. Libpnd.. Sure, if you like. Many pandora built apps will run (SDL or x11 without panda tweaks, but the whole angstrom and debarm repos will to..)

So yes, install Angstrom .. But not pandoras actual firmware :)

Jeffphone

So you're saying I could have the pnd library which would recognise pnd files?

I'm not entirely sure why to be honest. It'd be fun to get the archos community involved and if the Pandoras firmware could actually work then isn't there already a wiimote driver for Pandora?

Back