Apple ][ Emulator?

Thanks T,

I am incline to agree it is a time related thing - if I enter my selection fast enough the game will let me progress to the next sceen. It will crash again as I can not scroll the keyboard to select the appropriate option fast enough... :(

Keep up the amazing work - I still look forward to play SK on the go!

~Gates

Hi everyone,

I believe I fixed the virtual keyboard bug. I was able to get a lot further in Oregon Trail (didn't have the time to play so quit). I also tried ShadowKeep but it wanted me to make disks and stuff so that's as far as I got. I also played some Karateka and the emulation was hovering around 75% so it's somewhat better than the low 50% I was seeing. I also added DaveC's request of paging, but only did it in the initial cart select dialog (used by a7800, odyssey2, etc). Haven't gotten around to the in gp2xmess file selector yet.

So, I can spin a release with this fix or keep chugging along and wait a week or so. Since a lot of folks use the vkeyb and are being affected by the bug, including TelcoLou with the TI99/4a emulator, I'd rather release soon. :)

~telengard

BIG THANK YOU!

Re: shadowkeep - you can ignore the make disk and just press "S" to start the game - if you can get to the initial inn with the innkeeper, I'd say the bug is likely fixed. Can you please check? Thanks!

~gates

gates007 said:
BIG THANK YOU!

Re: shadowkeep - you can ignore the make disk and just press "S" to start the game - if you can get to the initial inn with the innkeeper, I'd say the bug is likely fixed. Can you please check? Thanks!

~gates
Yep got to the "Lonely Inn" just fine. :) The game is running at a steady 80% too which I'm very happy about.

Looks like a cool game! I'll be packing up the release later tonight.

~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
telengard said:
gates007 said:
BIG THANK YOU!

~gates
Yep got to the "Lonely Inn" just fine. :) The game is running at a steady 80% too which I'm very happy about.

Looks like a cool game! I'll be packing up the release later tonight.

~telengard

YAY!! Thanks Big T! Much appreciated for the quick turnaround - SK is one of the best and underappreciated RPG in Apple releases. While the interface is cumbersome (uses a text phaser like Zork) - it has a unique atmosphere that was quite innovative during its time. Try it (be patient) and I think you will like it.... Thanks!

~gates

I'm trying to see how the performance is with overclocking but for the life of me cpu tweak isn't working for me. The last version I had ran fine. Anyone have an ideas? I set it to 249, go back to the main menu, press select which is supposed to save and exit. I see no difference. :(

~telengard

I know what you mean Telengard and it did not work for me as well (i.e. selected a speed but no difference once exit).

However, in one of my dosbox .gpe file I have been told to add this line. Not sure if this would help as I am not a computer person. Anyways see if this helps:

/mnt/sd/Applications/CPU Speed/cpu-lcd--ram-tweak_2.1b1/cpu_speed.gpe 1 -20 250

this supposedly overclock to 250mhz

Hope this helps... ~gates

okay - did some testing and what I need to do is to delete a file called CPU_SPEED.CFG - If I delete this file in the directory where CPU_SPEED is, I CPU speed I selected in Gmenu2x checked out within CPU_Speed application. Hope this helps! ~g

Hi Telengard,

Havne't heard from you for awhile... Have you been able to fix the issue? I am eagerly awaiting the next version of the MESS to play shadowkeep? Thanks in advance for all the great work that you have done!

~gates

gates007 said:
Hi Telengard,

Havne't heard from you for awhile... Have you been able to fix the issue? I am eagerly awaiting the next version of the MESS to play shadowkeep? Thanks in advance for all the great work that you have done!

~gates
Hiya gates007,

I'm one step ahead of you. I released a new version with the fix a few days ago! :)

~telengard

Thanks - yup I noticed that in your website... just did not realize gp32x.xom did not update your upload....
Gates

Back