Aoe On Pandora?

synfulplaya

Still Fresh
Does any one know if they will make an Age of Empires portable version for
the Pandora or better yet Age of Empires 2 to be able to run for Pandora?
Do you know how fucking awesome that would be or is there already 1?

Sorry, but this is very, very unlikely to happen. Age of Empires isn't open source, and I would not estimate a high likelihood of Microsoft allowing it to be ported to this platform.

I know Age of Empires isn't open source, but has anybody ever considered making an open source engine for it that allows you to grab the data files from a real install and play it? Is that even possible with AoE?

Well it would be cool if someone made a game similar to Age of Empires call it something else but be very similar or like star craft...

So, you want some nice open-source Real Time Strategy games?
Try Globulation 2, Warzone 2100, Glest, BOS Wars and Spring.

Why not play WarCraft 1 Orcs and Humans it was a great RTS and it is a dos game so you can play it in DosBox

Warcraft 2 is dos as well

I would love AoE1-2 on the Pandora, I wish someone would make the effort to make an open source engine for them like with fheroes2 (fheroes3 would be great too :)) though it's unlikely to happen. A Rise of Nations open source engine would be equally great as well, it's pretty much exactly like AoE2 - but with more ages added :) Seems to be less popular though, probably because of the name :p

Pity the Wine on arm project has stumbled with some pretty big rocks, because this type of games would be perfectly runnable and quite smooth at it, since the game is probably far less dependant on floating point operations than most other 3d games.

Even Age of Empires 2 might be quite playable, but until the forking issues in qemu get solved, wine will not be usable for the time being.

Not real-time, but Battle for Wesnoth satisfies my strategy game needs nicely. :D

Rather hard game to master, as clearly shown by my stats on the unofficial ladder site (19 wins/55 losses):
http://ladder.subversiva.org/profile.php?name=Yoyobuae

Anyway, will checkout the open source games posted above, they might be interesting. :)

Back