Age Of Empires

OB1

Still Fresh
Do you think the first age of empires will be able to run on the pandora?

Would be cool loved that game

p&|a

depends if it on any of the ~32bit consoles, which i don't think it is.

It's a windows game, closed source, so the answer is no i'm affraid. unless we find the former to be true. :)

It would be great, but I think the CPU requirement is too high for it to be emulated.

Thought it might be the case, looking forward to getting cannon fodder on there thoe i no thats possible

There is a Windows CE port and someone is already working on CE for Pandora. Maybe that way it will be possible to play AOE.

(awaiting flames for mentioning non OSS) :wink:

cool, didn't know that.

I was going to say earlier that i prefer AOEII:AOK to the first anyway!

To make the game most of the game data was ported to the DS, i'd say they're quite alike.

I would how they would get round their being two screens...

well you could do:
1) Side by Side Screens
2) over and under screens and hold the pandora sideways
3) make the screens switchable, where as you have one of the ds screens full screen on the pandora and hit a button to switch to the other ds screen if required.
4) Make the ds touch screen displayed on the pandora and the other ds screen goto the tv out.

The best option would be to have all of them as choices, because each one would be good for certain games.

Why would you have to hold the Pandora sideways to have the two screens stacked vertically? The DS resolution per screen is 256 x 192, which doubles to 512 x 384, which leaves plenty of room to spare on the Pandora's 800 x 480 screen?

The DS screens are approximately 1 3/4" tall x 2 thats 3 1/2"
The Pandora's screen is approximately 2 5/8" tall.
I just assumed that no one would want to make the screens smaller but I could be wrong. Might as well throw it in as an option. Or you could make one smaller and leave the other one full size.

You would defiantly want a full size screen for the ds age of empires game.

MonkeyChops said:
I just assumed that no one would want to make the screens smaller but I could be wrong. Might as well throw it in as an option. Or you could make one smaller and leave the other one full size.

I was playing the DS version this morning. I think having the bottom screen at double pixels on the left and top screen at normal resolution on the right would be fine.

joa said:
To make the game most of the game data was ported to the DS, i'd say they're quite alike.

Have you played the DS version? It's really not anything like the PC version. It's like they took the artwork from the original, and used it to make a totally different game.

Not even. I'm pretty sure the art has all been re-drawn for the new resolution. So it's like they made some new sprites that looked like the old sprites, but were a different size, then used them to make a whole new game.

Still fun, mind you. But it's more like you're playing "Advance Wars" with Age of Empires sprites.

MonkeyChops said:

The normal DS and the Lite have 3 inch screens and the yet unreleased DSi has 3 1/4 inch screens.

Back