anywhere i can get my GP32 repaired?

duffman

Still Fresh
erm......i think the title says it all. :rolleyes:

does anyone know where i could/should get my GP32 repaired?

i plugged an adpator with the wrong polarity in (but it did have the right voltage watts etc)

please help, i only had it for 2 weeks :(

If you need repairs there should be a warranty with your gp32, Your warranty is void if you open it though i think, Ring up where u got it from and ask them ,If you live in the uk theres this really cewl worker at gbax.com think hes the owner called craigix he may soryt you out give him a bell he sseeems really cewl aswell.

If you need repairs there should be a warranty with your gp32, Your warranty is void if you open it though i think, Ring up where u got it from and ask them ,If you live in the uk theres this really cewl worker at gbax.com think hes the owner called craigix he may soryt you out give him a bell he sseeems really cewl aswell.
Ur such a suck up.

And about ur question, theres just one thing that needs replacing, if u have a look around the boards ull find out what component needs replacing. then u mite even be able to repair it urself.

Last edited by a moderator:
i plugged an adpator with the wrong polarity in (but it did have the right voltage watts etc)
Craigix - most modern electronic equipment is protected against reverse polarity. Im surprised the GP32 isn't. Would the same thing happen if you put the batteries in the wrong way round ?

i tried the 3v thing for the GBA's battery and it didn't do squat for my gp32, good or bad XD
oh well i was cheap and bought a large pack of radioshack batteries XD... shoulda got rechargable, but i dun have $20-$30

I believe it is also possible to fry it by using batteries and a PSU at the same time.

It can also be powered through the EXT port with a mobile phone charger, but since i've seen no mention of this being safe or indeed allowed i'd not recommend it.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

It can also be powered through the EXT port with a mobile phone charger, but since i've seen no mention of this being safe or indeed allowed i'd not recommend it.
heh beign able to play in the car w/o batteries XD

although i have never seen a phone charger with that big of a connector

I believe it is also possible to fry it by using batteries and a PSU at the same time.
Craig - I've tried this before with no ill effects. I haven't studied the internals but I believe that the PSU plug isolates the battery power. I was trying to see if I could maintain power to the GP32 by plugging in the live PSU whilst the the GP32 was running off the batteries. The result was that the GP32 rebooted. Perhaps if you used the EXT port the result would be different ?

Craig - I've tried this before with no ill effects. I haven't studied the internals but I believe that the PSU plug isolates the battery power. I was trying to see if I could maintain power to the GP32 by plugging in the live PSU whilst the the GP32 was running off the batteries. The result was that the GP32 rebooted. Perhaps if you used the EXT port the result would be different ?
I accidentally did this too but it didn't mess up my gp32. However, I think it draws power from the batteries as I recall when I was playing, the FLU started flickering because the batteries got low.

As soon as the adaptor is plugged in, power from the batteries is disconnected. Best to plug in the adaptor when the unit is switched off however to make it as clean as possible a switch from the batteries to the external power.

Why the fuck am i a suck up its basicaly the truth its god damn good fucking shop, Maybe your verry insecure about yourself maybe you cannot deal with it i dont understand you so please stfu.

well, does anyone have any other suggestions as to where i should go?

(thanks to all those that have helped so far :) )

Back