Anyone Willing To Part Out Their Broken Unit?

Brian

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

I'm having a couple issues with my FLU, whicch isn't under warranty, and I was wondering if anyone out there with a fried unit would be willing to sell me the parts I need at a reasonable price.

First, I need a headphone jack. The part seems to be the same on all models of GP32, but since it is a really obsucre part, it is basically impossible to find a new replacement at any of the standard electronics hobbyist websites. The removal is really easy; I think it's only 4 solder joints.

Secondly, I'm looking for the front faceplate for an FLU including light, lightguide, and screen cover (NOT the LCD). My screen has gotten really dim, and the voltage at the light inputs is fine, I've redone all the soldering, yet the thign still won't get any brighter. I don't know if it's an issue with the light itself or the guide, so I'd rather just have the fully assembled piece rather than screwing around with the highly sensitive screen internals. Getting this part off the unit only requires removign a few screws and two solder joints.

If anyone has these parts to sell, let me know how much you are willing to part with them for, and where you are located, and we can negotiate a price and shipping arrangements.

Thanks for all your help, guys.

-Brian

Hi Brian,

I got your PM, The thing is, My GP which i thought was dead which happens to be a Blu, Actually turned out not to be dead after all.

My GP which IS dead (zapped by wrong polarity from a power adaptor) is a Nlu (Non-lit unit), Which, Other than the headphone socket, Will be no good to you as the parts you require are specific to the Flu.

Btw: I have 3 GP`s, 2 Blu`s and 1 Nlu (dead).

Hope you do eventually find the parts you are looking for.

Regards

Trooper

Back