Anyone Need Art/ui Design Work?

thehen

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

I just got a Wiz off my girlfriend for my birthday and I'm interested in offering my artistic abilities to aid in any game/app development. I'm a second year game art and design graduate on track for a first, have experience in 2D/3D and have won several awards for my UI design.

I've worked on commercial projects before but I want something a bit more chilled out to work on in my spare time. Projects at any stage will be considered :)

Apologies if this is the wrong section, there (understandably) isn't a section for artists :)

Samples below:

Full game screenshots (it was a fangame so the reference wasn't original - though the artwork was):

screen.jpg

screen2.jpg

3D renders:

rabbibunny.jpg

elf.jpg

2D conceptual (I have greater variety of stuff though I only have access to this project at the mo):

backgroundstringsml copy.jpg

land.jpg

UI and web work

interface.jpg

website2 copy.jpg

imagine.jpg

More (and better) to come soon.

crow_riot said:
any chance to see some examples? :)

Yep, samples now posted. Most is old stuff - my new stuff is coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Little Big Adventure", not bad. :)
Talented graphic Artists are always welcome to the Forums. :) Many coders here often need graphics for their projects, not only for WIZ development. GP2X and Pandora-projects often have coders but no real graphic artists. I also remember a promising GP2X project (an "Advance Wars" like game) where the artwork-guy stopped to make new graphics and the coder was very sad becaue of this, it was really good looking at this time.
You also can play around with existing projects where you are able to change existing (alpha- Beta- graphics) There is already a Win32 version of an upcoming Pandora-3D Hoover-Shooter where I experimented with some BG and ground-graphix: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49970-advanced-tactical-fighter/
I like this aspect of homebrew simply change the graphics. :D

fusion_power said:
"Little Big Adventure", not bad. :)
Talented graphic Artists are always welcome to the Forums. :) Many coders here often need graphics for their projects, not only for WIZ development. GP2X and Pandora-projects often have coders but no real graphic artists. I also remember a promising GP2X project (an "Advance Wars" like game) where the artwork-guy stopped to make new graphics and the coder was very sad becaue of this, it was really good looking at this time.
You also can play around with existing projects where you are able to change existing (alpha- Beta- graphics) There is already a Win32 version of an upcoming Pandora-3D Hoover-Shooter where I experimented with some BG and ground-graphix: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49970-advanced-tactical-fighter/
I like this aspect of homebrew simply change the graphics. :D

Hehe, yeah I was a huge fan of LBA when I was younger - it's still probably one of my favourite games. The first thing I did when I got the Wiz was try and get it to work under DosBox on it - to no avail unfortunately.

I just checked out the hover-shooter game - it looks like it could be awesome. I had a peek at the resource files and it all seems really easy. How would one go about gauging the performance for the Pandora?

Someone got it working in DOSBox on the PSP. Slightly slower with no sound but with some adjustments it should work on the Wiz and faster. http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=13319.

UPDATE: Sorry, it's resolution is 640x480 so wont work.

Cheers guys, I look forward to hopefully doing some stuff. The ScummVM works awesomely on the Wiz so I might have a look at making a ScummC game in the meantime.

i like the "stringdom" images so much. very nice style - and i think that could make a neat little game :)

Hi

Some gfx UI/design help would be great for our project. I send you a private message.

frozen

Back