Anyone interested in a mini arcade machine?

I have made my own mini bar-top arcade cabinet. Its about 1 foot tall, 1 foot wide. Seven inch LCD screen and the guts/controls are one of those plug-n-play video games you connect to your TV. It has 12 authentic arcade games built in.

I also have a full size bar-top arcade cabinet I have yet to finish. It will have a full PC inside running MAME and other emulators.

Finally I also have a refurbished SEGA Space Harrier(1986)cabinet. =) =) =) ***huge SEGA fan***

Anyway, I would surely buy a mini Panda-based arcade machine. Ultimately what I want is a room that is filled with arcade machines of different sizes. I mean, why the hell not?

Do you have a video or pictures of the cab you made?, id love to see it.

Ive got a crap vid of the one I made on youtube at My link

I'm very, very interested .. in fact just last night I noticed at the metalab here in Vienna that someone had produced an arcade cabinet kit for reproduction .. Here is a picture I took of it:

Mini%20arcade.jpg

Its based, I think, on this open design:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6719

.. which can be freely used.

When I saw this thing last night, I immediately thought about scaling it up a bit to fit a Pandora/Caanoo ..

You know, for the record, acquiring a real arcade cabinet is usually not all that expensive (though in some parts of the world harder to locate than others, since not too popular; Australia strikes me as being like that.. and sahipping a refrigerator sized cabinet to Aus would be bitchin' :)

But in North America for instance, you can find a 20 year old beat up or even decent condition cabinet for next to nothing (sometimes nothing, sometimes $50, upwards to a couple bills, depending if it has a working game in it or not, condition, if desirable to a route operator or another collector, etc and so on.) I can't count how many machines I picked up for free, just to drag them off someones lot for them :p

The boards inside, power supplids, monitor/CRTs etc add up sometimes, but its still not uncommon to get a fully working cabinet (coiner, CRT, etc) for $100.

So, yeah, if you want a coin op .. you _can get one_ :)

(/me says, as he just sold a few hundred game pcboards to various people :)

jeff

You know, for the record, acquiring a real arcade cabinet is usually not all that expensive (though in some parts of the world harder to locate than others, since not too popular; Australia strikes me as being like that.. and sahipping a refrigerator sized cabinet to Aus would be bitchin' :)

But in North America for instance, you can find a 20 year old beat up or even decent condition cabinet for next to nothing (sometimes nothing, sometimes $50, upwards to a couple bills, depending if it has a working game in it or not, condition, if desirable to a route operator or another collector, etc and so on.) I can't count how many machines I picked up for free, just to drag them off someones lot for them :p

The boards inside, power supplids, monitor/CRTs etc add up sometimes, but its still not uncommon to get a fully working cabinet (coiner, CRT, etc) for $100.

So, yeah, if you want a coin op .. you _can get one_ :)

(/me says, as he just sold a few hundred game pcboards to various people :)

jeff

Could someone ever get just the guts ? I don't have the space for an entire machine .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can get the gutts of an arcade machine.. you can buy classic pcb (pcboards) for the games on ebay, auctions around town, etc and so on; you can buy knockoff chinese copyboards, or full 'mame in a pcb' type boards, or various pirate boardas cheap too.. you can get a little pcb thats 50 classic games in original dumps, or rewritten on NESonChip, and all sorts of insanity. Plug into an arcade machine, good to go.

Building an emu-cab ("mamecab" as people call them) is not that difficult either, really, but lots of work.

You can buy arcade controls, coindoors, etc all over the place as well.

So yiou can buy an old used beat up machine; you can buy a new cabinet kit, or fully assembled; you can buy all the parts, and games.. any stage of the whole production can be gotten.

And its cheaper now than it ever has been before..

jeff

Back