Anyone here own a Nexus 4?

Mr_Loon

Can't Remember
My phone, an HTC Desire, is starting to get a little long in the tooth and I've been toying with the idea of upgrading it.

After reading that there has been a pretty hefty drop in price for the Nexus 4 I'm seriously tempted to get involved. Seems to me like you're getting pretty decent bang for your buck.

Do any fellow Pandorians own a Nexus 4, if you do, then what are your thoughts on it?

Makes you wonder how they will sell any iPod touches when it now competes with the Nexus 4

At my opinion take a HTC One with Stock Android or flash Stock Android on it.
This is a fucking awesome piece of hardware

At my opinion take a HTC One with Stock Android or flash Stock Android on it.

This is a fucking awesome piece of hardware
My firend has the One and I have the S4. I personally love my phone a LOT more, but sadly the particular modle I have has no custom roms :'(. Id like CM or Stock if I could. But if you want the international version of any phone, an S4 of your best bet (imo). The One is goo too tho, but it lacks a menu button, expandable storage and removable battery. Same issues that I have with the Nexus 4. Why would you buy a phone with a locked in battery and no SD slot?

I have a nexus 4 and so does exophase, while I cant speak for exophose I think my nexus 4 16gb is brill, had it since it came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had a problem with it, although it's the first smartphone I've owned. It was a very good price compared to other options at the time - getting something unlocked was important to me (I only pay $30/month off contract, and this is the only way I could be convinced to get a plan). This was back when it was $299 for the 8GB model - the new prices are a positive steal.

The only big downsides are the lack of an SD card slot and the battery life which hasn't been that great. I'd definitely go with the $249 16GB version here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm sorely tempted at £199 for the 16GB but I think I'll wait to see what might have prompted the price cut. I'll be gutted if the next Nexus phone has a significantly better battery.

The main thing that has put me off is the  fact the battery is not easily removable, I hate that in a device & am quite often away from power for a few days. Guess I could just charge it from the Pandora ;)

I'll definitely buy something sim free as mobile tariffs are pretty competitive here in the UK, however the Galaxy S4 & HTC one are about £500 sim free. They may be better phones but not that much better.

I have one, it's great. My second Nexus device. (first was a Nexus S) 

I've also had a Galaxy Note in between but despite being more powerful the old Nexus S felt much snappier because of bloatware in samsung roms (going by out-of-the-box experience here)

Nexus is great if you like custom roms and want to try new software features that come with these. Easy to unlock, root and unroot, done in a minute. No flashcounter like on samsung phones.

Lack of microSD card slot is not a problem for me, 16 GB is fine. Google Music is good if you have a decent data plan, I don't. 

I only get 0.5 GB/month so most of the time I have data off and can't complain about battery because of that, but if I go to travel I make sure to bring my pandora for emergency charging. ;)

For the price I'd say get one. Oh and get lightflow app so you can have custom led colors depending on notification type (blue led for sms, green for mail, yellow for twitter, missed call red etc..)

If I didn't have the HTC One, I'd get the Nexus 4.

Both great devices I'd say

My One :)

2w65ssm.png

Back