Anyone Got A Ps3 Yet ?

Well my psp was 1.0 then i updated it to get a v2 game to work once the v2-1.5 downgrader came out. Then downgraded back to 1.5. It probably will need ot be updated to the newest one to work with the ps3 but maybe devhook can help :D not sure :unsure:

1.5 is old now you need to get with the times :p... Dark Alex's Custom 2.71 SE B3 is the latest PSP Firmware Craze and it is truely Amazing!!! :D :) Its basically 2.71 combined with 1.5 which gives it the ability to boot Homebrew like on 1.5... Also you can boot ISO's / CSO's directly from the Game list bit (where you boot your homebrew from)!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i suppose i not really been paying attention to the psp recently except there just now i just seen new psx emu out for it wich i will prtobably try tomorrow. I might have t olook for that Dark Alex's Custom 2.71 SE B3 I take it you cant post a link here ? ill try mininova :p

I got mine from here -

http://dl.qj.net/2.71-SE-B-FULL-General-Ap...10949/catid/151

Im sure that above file installs 2.71 SE B 2 (Or B 1 ) so you then need to download the SE B 3 update from here to install after you have installed 2.71 SE B -

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=34502

If you get stuck, read / post in that above maxconsole thread as that thread was posted by Dark_Alex (the guy who made the firmware) or ask here and I will try and help.

If you can downgrade a PSP then it will be simple for you to instal this as that installer is a exe with step by step guide and puts all the needed files in the correct places automatically for you on the PSP :)

Also, Remember to use at your own risk as its a custom firmware and flashes your PSP (But you probably already knew that :) )..

Only my ps3 will be here (hopefully) Tomorrow but ridge racer 7 and resistence is comin form videogamesplus.ca so not sure when they will get here :(. I have RR6 for the 360 so i should be able to compare them :D.

Comparing Ridge racer isn't a good comparison. It was a load of shit on the 360. It was RR6 there and on PS3 it is RR7. One takes advantage of the hardware the other a quick rushed out mess. It was just like they ported a PS2 game over. You have to compare games that are the same and on both like FEAR, COD3 etc.

Only my ps3 will be here (hopefully) Tomorrow but ridge racer 7 and resistence is comin form videogamesplus.ca so not sure when they will get here :(. I have RR6 for the 360 so i should be able to compare them :D.

Comparing Ridge racer isn't a good comparison. It was a load of shit on the 360. It was RR6 there and on PS3 it is RR7. One takes advantage of the hardware the other a quick rushed out mess. It was just like they ported a PS2 game over. You have to compare games that are the same and on both like FEAR, COD3 etc.

RR6 was really just a rushed release to push the 360 in Japan. That didn't work all too well, especially when people knew it was coming to ps3 anyways, and was probably going to be better since more time was being put into it.

It's strange how different the US and Japanese markets can be. 3 of my local game stores have entire racks of PS2, GBA and DS games but very few PSP games, and almost 0 XBox or XB360 games! There are more SATURN games (usually multiple racks of them) and Dreamcast games than XBox, XB360 and PSP put together. Yet in the US, the Saturn was a flop, DC games are now a rarity and the XBox/XB360 were well received.

It's strange how different the US and Japanese markets can be. 3 of my local game stores have entire racks of PS2, GBA and DS games but very few PSP games, and almost 0 XBox or XB360 games! There are more SATURN games (usually multiple racks of them) and Dreamcast games than XBox, XB360 and PSP put together. Yet in the US, the Saturn was a flop, DC games are now a rarity and the XBox/XB360 were well received.

God I love my Saturn and DC. I gotta have my shoot em ups. It's so sad that people buy into hype. The Saturn and DC were both doomed before they were even released because people never gave it a chance. They were all waiting for the PS2 here in the US. In Japan the DC was the fastest selling console on a launch day and still is. I'm sure the Wii will break that record though. Too bad people eventually opted for the PS2 in japan since DVD finally caught on over there and the PS2 was the cheapest player at that time. I'm sure not buying into the Sony Hype. Not yet anyways. When the PS3 finally has some games I want to play maybe I'll consider a purchase. Untill then I'll save my 600 bucks, pay my mortgage, and keep playing my DC, Saturn, Wii, and of course my GP2X.

PS2 - Japanese
GBA - Japanese
DS - Japanese

XBOX - American
XBOX 360 - American

The only one that doesn't fit in the trend is the PSP, probably because the GBA and the DS already have the handheld market cornered.

- Alex

Indeed. Japan has never been friendly to foreign consoles, but I really don't blame them. With the Xbox and 360 being so skewed toward FPS and sports games, there's no reason to believe it WOULDN'T fail over there. Most anything that doesn't fall into either category is either not very good or available on another platform. One recent exception is the Blue Dragon game that did cause a little spike in 360 sales, but it's probably too little too late.

Nov 17
23:40 Arrival at inward office of exchange CVT UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 19
18:46 Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner CVT UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 20
22:55 Departure from inward office of exchange CVT UNITED KINGDOM

Where is CVT ? is that coventry ? shouldnt it be here by now ! ?? :angry: :p

Oh does anyone know who delivers EMS things ? is that the royal mail or parce; force ? and if so do they ask for the customs charges at the door like UPS do ? or do they send an invoice later like FEDEX and DHL ?

Nov 17
23:40 Arrival at inward office of exchange CVT UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 19
18:46 Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner CVT UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 20
22:55 Departure from inward office of exchange CVT UNITED KINGDOM

Where is CVT ? is that coventry ? shouldnt it be here by now ! ?? :angry: :p

Oh does anyone know who delivers EMS things ? is that the royal mail or parce; force ? and if so do they ask for the customs charges at the door like UPS do ? or do they send an invoice later like FEDEX and DHL ?

Royal Mail handle EMS as this is the fourth item i have had via EMS and all have been royal mail delivered.

Yeah mine went to CVT as well pretty sure thats Customs Exciese.

Ordered a Dolby Surround Heapdphone unit from Japan last week, was sent via EMS on Wednesday recieved Monday, Found EMS pretty good. Got everything within a week and there cheap £5.50 was my postage :)

No custom charges as the Company marked it down as $30 i didn't even know or ask them to do it so result :)

Never paid Tax on Anything yet but as far as i know, if there is tax to pay, royal mail will collect the charge and charge you a fee for doing so... or if you don't get charged you may recieve a bill at a later date.

Its here !!!

My dad phoned me at work and said i got a letter sayin i need to pay before the release the parcel. Soi got the guy i work with to go past parcel force on the way home and had to pay £62.90 to get it wich is not as bad as it could have been as the guy had marked it as £280 instead of the £699 i paid :p. I was rather daft and plugged a 240v plug in just coz i was sure it would be ok and it is :D. Its updating now and its taking aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages !!!

It is just component cables (red white yellow) :( Where do i get a HD cable a cheap one at that ?

aye probably :p. Now im tryin to create an account but i only get to choose from japan china singapore and America. So i chose america but i need to put in a real address ? can someone give me an address i can use :p

Ah bastard i got past the address bit just by putting a new york post code in and picking new york :D so that was ok but i wont be able to create a wallet account thingy to buy things form the playstation store :( Coz my credit card address has to be my real address :(

well i think theres only two crappy games you can buy anyway so iwont be missing anything :D
Just downloaded motorstorm demo and it seems rather good :D I dont know why but the sound sounds really great! I take it i dont need to get a sony HDMI Cable coz i think it looks liek a standard HDMI out connection ?

Pics Pics, We need pics :D I take it the controller has the same feel as the PS2 pad or is it slightly bigger or anything??? Persoanlly I think the PS2 pad is the best pad ever so I would hate it if they changed :(

Pics Pics, We need pics :D I take it the controller has the same feel as the PS2 pad or is it slightly bigger or anything??? Persoanlly I think the PS2 pad is the best pad ever so I would hate it if they changed :(

I felt it at a store, and the shoulder buttons felt a little springier, but everything else felt virtually the same.

The springiness is probably because my PS2 controllers are still from opening Christmas :)

Back