Anyone Ever Think Of Sobriety?

I went to a friends 21st on saturday night. Everyone went home so a few of us went to some clubs. I got home at 8 sunday morning. Slept until 1, woke up and ate. Went to sleep at 4:30 that afternoon and then woke up in time for work monday morning. lol i feel like shit

andius said:
I've had some really really great times drinking with friends, its all about what you make of it guess. I've never been a club or party drinker either. I love drinking and being places outside, lately i've been drunk skating pretty often. Its great just cruising down the street with a couple buddies in a pretty mushy state of mind heh.

To put things in perspective though, I have had a horrible hangover all day, and ruined my chances with a girl i've liked last night. Smoking (mj) and drinking do not work out for me...ahhh the spins. Things were going great, we chatting in the corner of the concert, sharing some rum and peicing ciggarettes. THings are going great, she's giving me the eye. In a short while our bottle of Sailor Jerry was empty and we were having a great time still. Someone taps me on the shoulder, and passes a blunt into my hand...hmm i think to myself. I'll just take a few small rips. 20 minutes later im hanging onto the handrail outside for dear life trying to make the world stop spinning. End up puking and waking up in some kitchen.
Drinking has its ups and downs. :blink:

For some reason, I really don't think it's the drinking that you need to worry about there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
andius said:
I've had some really really great times drinking with friends, its all about what you make of it guess. I've never been a club or party drinker either. I love drinking and being places outside, lately i've been drunk skating pretty often. Its great just cruising down the street with a couple buddies in a pretty mushy state of mind heh.

To put things in perspective though, I have had a horrible hangover all day, and ruined my chances with a girl i've liked last night. Smoking (mj) and drinking do not work out for me...ahhh the spins. Things were going great, we chatting in the corner of the concert, sharing some rum and peicing ciggarettes. THings are going great, she's giving me the eye. In a short while our bottle of Sailor Jerry was empty and we were having a great time still. Someone taps me on the shoulder, and passes a blunt into my hand...hmm i think to myself. I'll just take a few small rips. 20 minutes later im hanging onto the handrail outside for dear life trying to make the world stop spinning. End up puking and waking up in some kitchen.
Drinking has its ups and downs. :blink:

For some reason, I really don't think it's the drinking that you need to worry about there...

Well if he was just smoking that (probably) wouldn't have happened. So you could blame the drink or the blunt individually, but obviously its the combination.

deluded said:
40 pints of home-brew just about ready for drinking... not a chance :)
200 pints of home-brew currently on the go here! I worry about the strength of the floor! :)

BaDToaD said:
As for quitting smoking. I did years ago but it was damn hard. It's a little known fact that Niccotine is actually more addictive than Heroin.
I found Alan Carr's easy way to stop smoking very helpful.

Stealth Bagel said:
Shit, I don't know what's so difficult about just having a few drinks fri/sat night and have that be the end of it, no need to get puking/piss drunk. And if you're drinking all day every day you need to take a good look at your life.
Doesn't anyone just drink a beer to enjoy it these days? Why is everyone in such a hurry to get drunk?

daclassicgamingmaster said:
It seems almost "fashionable" for the British to go out drinking. Can someone shed some light on this? I know that if an American says it, it usually means that they have a bit of a problem.

Just something I've picked up on. Almost like a British "pastime", if you will :p
We suffer the awful beer (although, some of us get lucky, for instance my local serves Newcastle Exhibition) and the occasional fight, for the excellent crack! However I'm taking about real pubs!

Ganepark32 said:
British beer sucks. Name one good British beer and I'll take that back. In my opinion, Czech beer is very good.
You could try this one Lager boy!

deluded said:
I agree all main-stream British beer is poor - my cheapo home brew is better than most largers you'd get in a pub.
This is why. (Read the whole thing, or skip to the non-real ale section.)

Back