Buying from Alibaba

Ian J

Advanced Member
Anyone ever bought from Alibaba?

My friend is after a replacement screen for her mp3 player and this is the only place we have found it for sale but neither of us has ever used Alibaba.

Alibaba only suply (normally) on big packets. Did you mean aliexpress?

I'm for my first orders right now.
I've ordered from AliExpress.
Alibaba is more for business people, AliExpress for private people. But AFAIK you can also buy from Alibaba without a business.

My experience so far:
It was impossible to make an account via my browser. I had to install the Android App to do so.
Using the App was simple and fast. I dislike Apps but it was really not an issue.
After some seconds I could go back to my browser for shopping. Could have done via the App but I prefer the browser.
First order.
I had to add my address but could not select my country. There were no options in the "Country" menu.
Back to the App and added my address...
Back to browser, reload the page.
Now my address was saved correctly and I could order without any further Issues.

For Payment I used Giropay as I don't like Credit Card. All I needed was an onlin banking ready bank account.
Payment was fast and without any issues.
AliExpress does not take PayPal but the Chinese "PayPal" Alipay.

I did get a message from one reseller that an article I've ordered was no longer in stock and I could choose to get something else or was asked to cancel the order. Canceling worked without any issues.
Everything else has been shipped within a few working days.

Nothing has arrived yet. I's not even been a week since i've ordered.
No order had any shipping costs.

Will tell you more about quality after I've received the products.

It's all some cute Nintendo plush (mainly Yoshis)
:D

In the article description I was asked to leave a comment which Yoshi color I want, if not they will be mixed randomly.
I've left a comment that I want each color once (3$ per piece so no holding back:D) and that they should wait with shipping if one color is out of stock.
My biggest fear now is that they didn't care about it and send them randomly.

#########################################

There is an other shop you might check: Dhgate

It has also great prices and I've read somewhere on the Internet that it's more customer friendly than Alibaba.
I've also ordered some Yoshis from there (Yes, I really love them ...)
Here I could even register without an App. Impressive...
GiroPay was also an option. Shipping was also free.
Package is also on it's way.
Same fear to get the wrong Yoshi colors....

Hope it did help you a little.
Overall there's nothing bad I did encounter for now. The registration was fast and easy (I dislike that App registration but when done once you no longer need the App).
Everything has been shipped fast or the reseller did contact me when the product was out of stock.
AliExpress is the biggest Chinese online shop (Like Amazon Marketplace or Ebay). Most resellers are serious. Beware of fake logos if you buy some cloths for example. Customs might not allow you to import it. There should be no problem with an mp3 Player.
Add customs and taxes of your country to the price and you'll get the real price.
Shipping takes a while but it's cheaper then shipping within Germany.

Great scott! Look at that picture down the page!. What kind of MP3 Player was that? A super mini ultra HD player? Just kidding! but how do you know what that screen fits?

The screen ribbon has a model number on it that matches the one on Alibaba, the specs also match.

Back