Anyone Else Lost Interest?

borgqueenx said:
1/3 of this topic is losing his patience, 1/3 is still waiting with no loss in patience, and 1/3 is telling us not to whine, and are trying to look cool.
Nice thread...
Stop whining, I've lost my patience with the Pandora. Also I'm still willing to wait some more (3/3).

Last edited by a moderator:
MrBlais said:
Why don't you LEAVE the forums and FORGET about the Pandora for a while. That way when you come back there will be 6-7 pieces of new information for you to smother until release. That's what I have done. Instead of stalking on the forums not accomplishing anything, Enjoy your f-ing summer instead of pissing it away on these forums and kissing Craig's ass.

As much as I sympathize with the frustration of the long-term pre-orderers, I must say this is a hint worth taking. It should be clear at this point that Pandora is not something to stake your future on, so the reality of Pandora's materialization is unaccountable for the disappointment that the trashed plans involving wishful inclusion of Pandora as an essential tool (retro-gaming on trips, coding for school or work projects on the move) have caused.

Besides, if you're too anxious waiting for the Pandora to emerge, let me suggest that you seriously need to diffuse your focus a bit and get involved in other projects and activities. It is also true that the common western consumer has become so needy, dependent and demanding that he throws a tantrum when his *expectations* are not met, and in the modern society overflowing with resources he's not used to re-adjusting his expectations to conform to reality. Instead, he is much more likely to invest energy in formulating elaborate complaints and fabricating scenarios that promise a future which better meets his expectations, aka. self-deception.

Sticking to the facts there's not much we can say for sure about the release date, because many facts essential to the equation are still hidden, waiting to be revealed in the process. Estimates are bollocks and are merely a justification for maintaining the obsessed, narrow focus on *waiting* for something, as if that was an activity in itself, when it most likely is a substitute for such.

borgqueenx said:
1/3 of this topic is losing his patience, 1/3 is still waiting with no loss in patience, and 1/3 is telling us not to whine, and are trying to look cool.
Nice thread...
what about those of us who already have their pandora?

Xian Long said:
borgqueenx said:
Nice thread...
what about those of us who already have their pandora?
They dont post here, they are being happy and hugging their pandora =D

Monk said:
Obviously we need to exterminate the moths - problem solved ;)
:p

Monk said:
Not aimed at the poster specifically, but it's been nagging on me a little how many people are having trouble defending their purchasing decisions. Why are you having to defend it? It seems like so many people are living in situations where their behaviour is scrutinised and criticised too much :(
Well, I don't have to really defend myself as much as the Pandora team. I don't care about the teasing, I just can't wait for the day to show a few coworkers and my brother to see them be floored. :-D I cant friggin' wait to get my grubby little hands on this thing. I was simply defending the whiners with my post... Because honestly I completely understand where they are coming from... I, however, am sitting tight.

Okay, honestly, I am really excited to get my Pandora too and I'm having a hard time waiting too, but find some constructive or productive things to do while you wait. You'll be pleasantly surprised when all the time passes; it makes the pressure A LOT less excruciating.

I researched the hell out of this thing for a solid 2 months until I realized what I was doing. All I'm saying is to quit professing your discipating enthusiasm about this console. None of us care yet we all agree and we all know how much it sucks to wait.

If you really insist on trolling the forums then I suggest you maybe offer ideas for the console instead of wasting yours and our time; i.e.) Game ideas, GUI ideas, etc.

I definitely lost interest. I thought this would be the dream device that would be my favoritest gadget ever. Then HTC announced the first Android handset, the G1 having me fork cash onto that.

Already I can read office files & PDFs on it while having built in GPS, 16GB of storage with 32GB being an eventual final destination that I'll be content with for next couple of years. While it won't touch the Pandora for gaming capabilities, it'll have just enough emulated old goodies to hold me off on that end.

Say that to say that Pandora even when released seems like it'll reak of awesomeness, but personally my interest in it was due to (a being able to do handy stuff on it which Android is doing for me (b gaming & multimedia and (c me feeling just enough of the economic crunch to hold off on unnecessary gadgets. (b is addressed on the go via old mp3 player and phone but combined with (c) it's a no-go unless things was to immediately turn around.

My big fear for Pandora is how many people as of the past several months withdrew their wishes on a Pandora since... a couple hundred bucks in this state of economy may have some folks reconsider things money-wise. I'm still on the sidelines rooting for you guys but sadly I can't be among the few who supports this project firsthand with the time delays putting everything off. Hell, I just recently got back into here the past week and I'm still shell shocked that it isn't out yet since... well, I just KNEW it would've been out by Jan/Feb with preorders & all only for it to be Summer and still nothing. Pretty disheartened that Pandora is going through the storm just as the rest of electronics sector yet no product is out in people's hands :(

Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
@sdlvx

Roflmfao, ok, Let's go through your points. When you grow up, you'll want to date a dumb super model, believe me, and I never knew super models could be operated by 2 year olds. However, if a device like an iPhone can be operated by a two year old, how is that a bad thing? Are you saying that you want the Pandora to be complex and difficult to operate?

Nice to see you've bought into the concept of the Pandora and are waiting to see what it's like before you buy one. Presumably if you don't like it you'll "loose", sorry lose, interest and move onto the next new product. And hey, you want to play old console games, buy a dingoo, they'll actually send you one when you give them money, what a weird concept that is. And when you've saved up your pocket money you'll actually be able to put it into you cargo shorts.

I agree, Pandora's philosophy is stunning, get people to pay for a device that doesn't exist. Genius. And if you're going to correct grammar, there's no apostrophe in "it's philosophy" by the way.

Oh, I'm afraid I can't compare my iPhone to the Pandora, as I don't have a Pandora. I do however, have an iPhone (I used that weird concept I spoke about earlier of exchanging money for goods to get one).

So, I've stopped to think for a minute, I can have an iPhone or, I could have a Pandora. Oh no, wait a minute, I can't because they don't exist.

Did I mention that I have an iPhone?

Yeah, it's pretty clear that you're a condescending Apple user who has an unhealthy love for their piece of silicon, glass, and plastic.

Clearly you don't understand that there's a trade off between flexibility, power, and ease of use. Yeah, you have an iPhone, what's your point? So you can't buy a Pandora yet? You sound like you're an awfully big fanboy, I'd imagine you were raving about the iPhone before it even came out. What about all those people who waited in line, outside, for their iPhones? Are you about to bash your beloved iPhone now? The same thing happened with that.

And wow, I missed an apostrophe. That's exactly like misspelling a word, like "lose" and "loose." Silly me! I can't believe it! I guess if I'm not infalible at something I should never say anything about it, because, clearly, you're perfect and all knowing when it comes to technology and spending your money, everyone on this forum should heed your words, close their accounts on this forum, and then go out and buy an iPhone, because it's clearly a better device.

Maybe my text isn't coming across properly, but the look on my face as I type this is one of complete sarcasm.

Also, here's an extraneous apostrophe's for your pleasure, I hope it helps you loose some of your strees.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that you're a condescending Apple user who has an unhealthy love for their piece of silicon, glass, and plastic.

Clearly you don't understand that there's a trade off between flexibility, power, and ease of use. Yeah, you have an iPhone, what's your point? So you can't buy a Pandora yet? You sound like you're an awfully big fanboy, I'd imagine you were raving about the iPhone before it even came out. What about all those people who waited in line, outside, for their iPhones? Are you about to bash your beloved iPhone now? The same thing happened with that.

And wow, I missed an apostrophe. That's exactly like misspelling a word, like "lose" and "loose." Silly me! I can't believe it! I guess if I'm not infalible at something I should never say anything about it, because, clearly, you're perfect and all knowing when it comes to technology and spending your money, everyone on this forum should heed your words, close their accounts on this forum, and then go out and buy an iPhone, because it's clearly a better device.

Maybe my text isn't coming across properly, but the look on my face as I type this is one of complete sarcasm.

Also, here's an extraneous apostrophe's for your pleasure, I hope it helps you loose some of your strees.

Ooo, uptight aren't we?
Well, at least I have some silicon, glass and plastic I can use. I have an iPhone, you don't have a Pandora. Point made. Oh, and the people who were standing in a line to get their iPhones got one. Or certainly got one very soon after the release date (it's that money in exchange for goods thing I was talking about earlier).

Now, do you want me to explain the concept of irony to you? (you could look it up in the dictionary but I'm guessing the shelf it's on is a little high). If you're going to take the trouble to point out other people's grammatical mistakes to belittle them...

And again, rather ironically (see above), you're the one that's sounding a little "streesed" to me.
;)

Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
I have an iPhone, you don't have a Pandora. Point made. Oh, and the people who were standing in a line to get their iPhones got one. Or certainly got one very soon after the release date (it's that money in exchange for goods thing I was talking about earlier).

I guess everyone who ordered a pandora will get it soon after the release date :p However, the 'money for goods'-thing only works with off-the-shelf objects you can buy in a store. If you invest money for something like a pandora, which is still in development, you mainly do this to support the product and its development, not to own it right away. If you disagree here you shouldn't have ordered a pandora in the first place(imho).

Holger

Its easy to see why people would lose interest. I usually am never interested a year after buying a really cool device because it seems like all the excitement is gone. For example after I brought my phone I would be looking through all this phone software, trying out emulators and playing games. But after a year you kinda realise that phones software sucks and you can't bare to play its crappy games. But the thing about the Pandora is that we haven't even been able to see a final Pandora yet so we can't really get bored if we haven't even experienced using one yet. I really don't think people are bored but they are more likely fustrated about the forums failure to provide us with exciting things going on in the Pandora community.

I've lost interest and have committed money elsewhere - and my wiz and dingoo are certainly occupying my time.

When it is released, I'll certainly reconsider it, but it will take some considerable convincing to make me take the plunge, particularly given the current asking price.

Cheers
Simon

kin said:
It's a shame to cancel it in this state. It's almost complete.

We'll see what happens after that.

that is the only reason why I don't cancel and stick to my old DS+dstt+m3perfect...

I'm profoundly in love with Pandora
My poem has an intellectual theme
The tenderness with which I adore her
Goes all bouncy in my dreams

(...for some reason, I can't stop thinking of Adrian Mole when Pandora is mentioned)

I haven't lost interest in the device, but I have lost interest in regular monitoring of what (isn't?) happening. As another poster suggested, I am simply occupying my time doing other things.

I suspect, though, that I won't be as interested in the device when and if it does arrive. As with others, circumstances have changed. I originally ordered during the pre-order run because my Zaurus clamshell had a hardware failure. Since then, I eventually repaired the Z's motherboard - and now find myself using a new HTC Android instead, which obsoletes the first device with integrated Wifi and 3G. For me, the Pandora was to fill a need I don't have anymore.

That being said, my money is still (literally) with the OpenPandora team. But I can fortunately afford to take the risk of writing that money off (either never seeing the Pandora, or seeing it arrive so late or crippled I would not have much use for it); I would never have done this otherwise. I certainly can't fault or sneer at the vast majority who were looking for something in a certain time frame and now would rather spend their money on an available product that meets whatever needs they have (be that mobile internet like the Nokias or better yet the iPhone or Androids, or a clamshell Linux minicomputer like the old Zaurii, or a gaming miniconsole). However, if you are looking for all three categories, the Pandora still seems like a reasonable hope.

I've lost interest, at least for now. I'll be interested when I get it but now, I just don't care.

Any plans for Pandora2?
http://www.mobile-computing-news.co.uk/tag/omap4-netbook
If they start planning now, perhaps Pandora2 can be the 1st Omap4 device on the market.
Another omap3 device coming to the market soon. Which will be first?
https://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/info.htm

Back