Anyone Else Here Doing Their As Levels?

Yep A2s here - though I'm only on the modules lower down (M2, P2, P3); just doing single maths.

Speaking of which, did anyone else find that P2 exam yesterday insanely easy, or was it just my lot?

Tobriand posted on May 25 2004 at 11:13 AM said:
Yep A2s here - though I'm only on the modules lower down (M2, P2, P3); just doing single maths.

Speaking of which, did anyone else find that P2 exam yesterday insanely easy, or was it just my lot?
All my mates said it was easy... I say mates.. i think one of them may hit me today.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was sooo, easy, except i ballsed the last question up (it was the one about the matchstick pyramid) coz i was assuming each square was a matchstick insted of 4 matchsticks make up a square,
I spent about 10 mins doing it wrong, then had to start it agen, luckily the rest of the test was so easy i had enuff time to finish

I have some friend's doing further maths. Extra lessons of maths didn't really interest me and one of the worst things I failed in my GCSEs was getting a C in maths.
Decision maths looks easy, I wish we got to choose what to do. Its just computer type stuff... It would be great to do that instead of P3 (pure= the hardest most evil form of maths). For mechanics and statistics its hard to figure out which is easier, statistics is more about remembering all of the silly formulas and stuff whilst mechanics is mostly just common sence figuring stuff out.

I'm on study leave as we speak (really should be revising)

Its brilliant for me, i've got three weeks off with no exams, then eight of them in a two week period, its great.

Any of you lot know which uni your heading to? I was going to do law then woke up one morning and thought fuck that so rejected my places at southampton and sussex.

Now i have the joys of clearing to look forward to!

You don't need to remember any formula for Stats, as long as you remember the method behind everything. Mechanics is equation mad, what with SUVAT and all.

Mark posted on May 24 2004 at 09:23 AM said:
I've already done a psychology exam, with a few more on Thursday, and English Lang/Lit tommorow. I've also got a government and politics exam and law in June...anyone else doing their AS Levels? (Well, apart from Dante....he's in the same class as me :p )
that's me, i'm doing Law (with mark) psychology and human biology and i have no idea what i'm going to do after college <_<

LHC posted on May 25 2004 at 01:39 PM said:
You don't need to remember any formula for Stats, as long as you remember the method behind everything. Mechanics is equation mad, what with SUVAT and all.
SUVAT stuffs the easy bit B).

Yup.. done 3 General Studies and 2 maths and 1 Phy... Need to do 2 DT Exams, 3 more Physics Exams and 1 more maths.

Anyone doing the maths with OCR or Physics with AQA ????

spray posted on May 25 2004 at 12:59 PM said:
I'm on study leave as we speak (really should be revising)

Its brilliant for me, i've got three weeks off with no exams, then eight of them in a two week period, its great.

Any of you lot know which uni your heading to? I was going to do law then woke up one morning and thought fuck that so rejected my places at southampton and sussex.

Now i have the joys of clearing to look forward to!
Identical to you with the exam timing! It's ridiculous.

As for Uni, 2 As and 1 B will secure me a place at Bath. I should get them in Maths and Phyiscs. If I only end up with 1 A and 4 Bs (including General Studies) maybe I can swing on that, but I'm hoping that it never comes to that. Else I have to go to Cardiff, which sucks a large amount.

Mark posted on May 25 2004 at 07:30 PM said:
I had English Lang/Lit today. The questions were as bad as they could of been.
What literature? I did Hard Times (easy) and Translations (boring). This year I'm doing The Tempest (vs. Translations, it's a ridiculous comparison) and Our Country's Good.

I could of chosen hard times from the anthlogy but it didn't really fit in. It's the combined subject, so we did a language exam followed immediatly by a literature one.

Anyone read Diary of a Nobody? What a great book:)

Back