Any way to order new battery covers?

jw11611

Still Fresh
The one I have now has three snapped tabs and no longer stays on. Hoping to order a replacement and a few spares in case they break again. Does anyone know of a way that I could order a few of these?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the shop that sells the pandora would be a good first idea. I'm not sure how the spare parts are handled now, but there is an email contact for non-standard orders on the actual preorder page. If you are sure you want buy them you could place your email to info@openpandora.de written like an official order with all the required information as noted on www.openpandora.org -> "preorder NOW" on the upper navigation bar. Please be patient then, depending on the workload of the (one-man) team it could take days until you'll receive an answer with your order details.

By the way, i don't understand why the tabs broke, could you please explain this? The usual use case doesn't require frequently battery removal? Or are they that tight that they require much force?

Thanks for your help double7. Not sure what caused it as I didnt even know they were breaking until the cover fell off while I was using the pandora. The cover and two tabs fell out but the third one has gone missing. Super glue did the trick for now but isn't the greatest looking fix. Strangely, the tabs that are used to remove the cover are both fine but the three that slide into the grooves on the Pandora are all broken.

ED should chime in soon, I think he sends them out if your request them.

Also, look on the forum for the thread that shows you how to put the cover on without breaking the tabs, someone posted a thread in the past week or so.

Currently you can only buy a whole case set, however I'm redesigning the UK site and will have every possible part available for sale.

A battery cover can be ordered now via a custom order, just email me or Ed.

^ Not the kind of Battery cover I would want to have again. :)

By the way, i don't understand why the tabs broke, could you please explain this? The usual use case doesn't require frequently battery removal? Or are they that tight that they require much force?

I made a thread on how to prevent this, essentially the use of the battery cover as a lid forces a bit of leverage action on the tabs due to the way the battery cover is shaped. You have an edge that needs to fit around the battery, so better to put the battery in the cover first and then insert the two into the Pandora together.

I made a thread on how to prevent this, essentially the use of the battery cover as a lid forces a bit of leverage action on the tabs due to the way the battery cover is shaped. You have an edge that needs to fit around the battery, so better to put the battery in the cover first and then insert the two into the Pandora together.

Damnit! Now I know how I managed to break mine, and thinking of it I had removed and re-inserted the battery correctly at least 5 times before :(

Damnit! Now I know how I managed to break mine, and thinking of it I had removed and re-inserted the battery correctly at least 5 times before :(

Yeah, my outer two snapped off, so I had my middle tab only. I think it's reasonable to expect someone with a spare battery that uses it will be prone to this happening.

I just replaced my case since it had other issues. Took three cases since my first replacement case was crumbly, but I'm ok with buying up old cases if it supports the project. :)

Back