any usa owners of the pandora

lancesg1

Was wondering how many USA owners of the Pandora there are and what do you think of it and what are the best apps for it

Cool. Were abouts are you guys living

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Stow, OH (near Akron).

Absolutely love my Pandora! Still figuring out new things on it. Wish there was more consistency on the format of all the emulators. Seem like every emulator has a slightly different way of doing things (like where rom file go).

I can get Vice64 to fire up, but can't get any software to run (I don't remember the commands...). A nice front-end would be sweet.

There's alot of support info in these forums and online. So with some research and time, you can usually figure it out.

One of the best sites I found is: "pandoranut.blog.com". This guy put an extensive list of most of the playable emulators (as of Sept. 23, 2010), and how to work each emulator in a direct summary. Check it out. Very useful!

Can't wait until Mame is updated. FInal Alphas Burn I saw is being ported soon. Good luck to to the fellow(s) doing that!

In summary, the Pandora is SWEET!!!!! Thanks OP Team!

NY Pandora owner here and Fan Boi and Fanatic!!

I Love the full desktop Linux environment.

Quake 2.

PSX Emu is flippin incredible.

Love the GBA emu.

Home brew stuff is amazing.

PanPlayer fantastic.

There are so many new uses you'll discover with the Pandora.

From typing up a Document in the car with Open office, to using Exaile as a Streaming rock box.

I live in the state of Vermont.

I had my Pandora for a couple months now.. waiting for my second, should arrive in 2 Months™

I'm from Boston, MA. Really enjoying having full version of Firefox, PS1 games, and am about to check out a bunch of the homebrew games & ports in the upcoming weeks.

I can get Vice64 to fire up, but can't get any software to run (I don't remember the commands...). A nice front-end would be sweet.
Have you tried the "Autostart Disk/Tape Image" (I think that's what it's called - I don't have my Pandora to hand right now...) option in the menu that's accessed by pressing the Start button? ;)

Anyway, I'm from the UK. I was just dropping in to respond to the above. :p

Funny there's so many people from Ohio with Pandoras. We must be top state in the US. :D

As far as apps go

- PSX-rearmed

- Mupen 64

- Battle for Wesnoth

- Wars: Commando

- PanPlayer

Last edited by a moderator:
WA here, due to school generally in Bellingham. I've had one on and off since the start of July last year (lovely returns, need to send the current unit in but would rather wait out the current quarter).

Back