any official news?

ahahah

Is everything going fast and smooth?

Well, not yet. But that would've been unusual (not only for the Pandora, but also for other devices ;) )

With the first units built, you always go a bit slower as you need to test everything and see if you get any issues on the PCBs that would require the machine to be tweaked.

this quote is 2 months old.

what's the evolution of the situation since the beginning of the mass production? are things better? is the fullspeed reached?

are some issues left?

maybe an official topic or just an answer to this topic could help us to be informed on the progression.^^

thanks

There hasn't been much info because of lack of time.

Believe it or not, an official newspost eats about 2 hours of my time... because I think everything through when doing the post.

We're near fullspeed (new bare PCBs that will enable fullspeed production) are in production right now, until then we've had a constant 100 Pandoras per week which is a good number.

To be honest, I'm a bit happy we're not fullspeed yet - as I'm catching up with work (like replying emails, fixing units, shipping 150 packages per week, organizing parts for the next units, working on press cards, working on the new website, setting up a new store, working on the OS...).

I AM catching up with that work, thanks to "only' having to ship 100 Pandoras per week, and once I've catched up with everything, I'm ready for the big batches :)

That's not too shabby ED especially as you didn't mention anything about rejects, I take it by "big batches" you mean the 250 units per week that were mentioned when production moved to Germany, will you be able to handle that many?, or will there be less work for you to do as I seem to remember it was mentioned that these units would be pretty much completed by the manufacturer.

^

Global Components was taking over production when I left the beginning of March. I think Askarus was still doing some things, but I think Global Components has been handling production for the most part since March. It just made sense, rather than having parts in multiple locations and trying to keep track of what is where.

Even this tidbit of news was enlightening.

And we haven't figured out how to clone EvilDragon yet, so until that happens.?.

Yep, Big Batches would be 250 per week.

No assembly for me to do when the time has come, but shipping 250 per week is still a lot of work... it's not my main job, don't forget about that :)

There hasn't been much info because of lack of time.

Believe it or not, an official newspost eats about 2 hours of my time... because I think everything through when doing the post.

We're near fullspeed (new bare PCBs that will enable fullspeed production) are in production right now, until then we've had a constant 100 Pandoras per week which is a good number.

To be honest, I'm a bit happy we're not fullspeed yet - as I'm catching up with work (like replying emails, fixing units, shipping 150 packages per week, organizing parts for the next units, working on press cards, working on the new website, setting up a new store, working on the OS...).

I AM catching up with that work, thanks to "only' having to ship 100 Pandoras per week, and once I've catched up with everything, I'm ready for the big batches :)

ok. when these pcbs will release just post a quick topic it will be sufficient,

we know you have a lot of work ;) so we don't ask you to take a lot of time for this. :eek:

I'd say just pin this thread to the official section.. Bam! official news.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's not your main job, I didn't realise you package & ship the Pandora's yourself, that's gotta be pretty time consumng, have you no minions who could toil for you?, (imagines ooompa loompas hard at it in ED's dungeon fortress).

Yep, Big Batches would be 250 per week.

No assembly for me to do when the time has come, but shipping 250 per week is still a lot of work... it's not my main job, don't forget about that :)
Can nobody help you with the shipping and stuff? Since you already have enough to do, just saying. ^^"

My girlfriend helps out with packing and shipping a lot.

I have someone hired to help me out - but as we're living in Germany, she's occupied with doing the taxes stuff most of the time :(

dragonsLair_(14).jpg

Also dragon's nest on & or guard piles of gold/treasure, like smaug, kidnap damsels etc, ED by his own admission has a girlfriend, suspicious I THINK SO, send for a knight in shining armour immediatley or Daenerys Targaryen.

I knew it was a dungeon fortress thankyou TrashyMG/Lego, (how frakkin awesome is lego)

And we haven't figured out how to clone EvilDragon yet, so until that happens.?.

You don't need to clone him, there are 24 hours in a day, surely he's wasting hours of that day sleeping & eating! So just hook'm up to an IV with nutritions and amphetamines!

No more wasting precious time eating, sleeping or even going to the toilet :p

Back