Any Jaguar Fans In The House?

ndbsolar said:
The Jaguar was a class console, and it looks like it is going to run very well indeed :)
At last we will soon have a console that has enough buttons to do the huge controller justice :)
The Jag controller is actually one of my favorite controllers, because it is huge. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Firefox, I never got to play on a real jaguar. I've been holding off from trying out consoles like that via emulation because I wanted my first try on them to be good enough to really enjoy.
If all the ports turn out like this and the FinalBurn one (even without optimisation), then I guess I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do when the Pandora is released :D

p.s I agree with GG, thanks for sharing :)

Yes! At last someone posted a watchable video with a steady hand! Future video posters: use a tripod or place the camera over a table and the screen in a vertical position, but enough of holding the camera with that movement that make me feel seadizzy! And focus! Please! :)

juanvvc said:
Yes! At last someone posted a watchable video with a steady hand! Future video posters: use a tripod or place the camera over a table and the screen in a vertical position, but enough of holding the camera with that movement that make me feel seadizzy! And focus! Please! :)
Bitch about quality of videos when we have a steady stream of videos about which to complain. We just have a trickle right now, so wait till it starts flowing a lot more so that we can be sure we will get more vids. ;)

-God Ginrai

I've never had or played a Jaguar, but even if a system has at least one good game for it I'm all for trying it. Keep the videos coming devs, the work shown so far is awesome!

Be great to have full speed T2K on the Pandora. Even better if it supports more games, although there is at least a couple of games that will probably never run on it no matter how good the emulator is(but...that goes deep into Jaguar community politics, and i'd rather not stir anything up...).

Great stuff!

TheGrandPubaa said:
Be great to have full speed T2K on the Pandora. Even better if it supports more games, although there is at least a couple of games that will probably never run on it no matter how good the emulator is(but...that goes deep into Jaguar community politics, and i'd rather not stir anything up...).

Great stuff!

You don't have to tell me about Jag community politics. :rolleyes:

Though they do have a point, though, when it comes to the ethics of the thing.

Falcon Delta said:
I've never had or played a Jaguar, but even if a system has at least one good game for it I'm all for trying it. Keep the videos coming devs, the work shown so far is awesome!
Thats probably not that far from the truth! Some fans will say it was a great machine, but in reality it had some major flaws, being cartridge was one, size of rom limit, price of games, crap controller, few games, even fewer good games, at the beginning they wanted amazing exclusives, in the end they wanted anything including dodgy ports of Amiga games, brutal footall, cannon fodder, flashback, pinball f, zool 2, dino dudes, sensible soccer, syndicate, soccer kid, worms etc
Don't get me wrong it had a few good games but nothing worth buying one for, Doom was the best port at the time, Tempest 2000 of course, Iron Soldier but after that its struggling to find a great game from the list...there were a few more average games but nothing to say wow thats great i must buy one...so emulation wise its no wonder that just Tempest 2000 was chosen to be emulated first and foremost!

Firefox said:
This afternoon I did a very quick port of the GP2X version of the T2K Jaguar emulator to the Pandora.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe_R787gREc

Things to bear in mind:
* It's not optimised for the Pandora at all.
* There's no sound (yet).
* There's no frame rate lock (hence the occasional flickering).
* I'm doing pixel quadrupling in software - the GP2X-sized frame buffer looked like an animated postage stamp in the corner of the screen.
* I've still got the smudgy, dusty protective film on the LCD.
* System possibly underclocked to 500MHz? I think?

Yes, I know my camera's an antique. :)

can this go fullspeed, and does it have the capability to have sound AND fullspeed?

P.S I wanna know if it's compatible with rayman, and if it has TV-Out support ;-)

jakshep2 said:
can this go fullspeed

It's actually going quite a bit quicker than a real Jag. I know, because I've just raced it against my real Jag. :)

jakshep2 said:
and does it have the capability to have sound AND fullspeed?

Oh yes.

jakshep2 said:
P.S I wanna know if it's compatible with rayman

I've no idea, to be honest. Never played Rayman. I'll have to test it at some point.

jakshep2 said:
and if it has TV-Out support ;-)
I'll probably be adding TV out support at some stage.

jmetal88 said:
TheGrandPubaa said:

Great stuff!

I wanna know about the politics :huh: ;)

klikklak said:
Sweet! Tempest2000 is on of my favorites on the pc, can't wait to play the original! (it was made originally for the jag, right?)
I'm pretty sure it was... Although I did own a Jaguar, Tempest 2000 was one of the few games I never played :rolleyes: I can't wait to try this :)

daemonaholic said:
jmetal88 said:
TheGrandPubaa said:

Great stuff!

I wanna know about the politics :huh: ;)

Alright, alright. :rolleyes:

Some members of the Jaguar community are still developing games for it. True fans of the Jaguar, however, like to follow all aspects of copyright law, within reason. Some of the games that were developed for release, then, have not been released due to licensing issues, and other games won't be released because the current developers are upset by the efforts of some individuals to profit from their work more than the developers themselves have. GorfCD (or was it Gorf3D? I should look that up again) is one example of this. Another thing that is happening, is some of the games were being developed by teams, and some of the team members haven't been completing their parts, and these games aren't likely to get finished at all. It's really a lot more complicated than I've made it sound here, but this should give you a vague idea of Jaguar community politics.

Sweet!
could you post some clips of other games running? with the extra power on the Pandora, who knows what'll run =D

Back