Any Computer Wiz's Here??

derka-street posted on Jul 21 2006 at 03:49 PM said:
thanks warmfluffy but it might be the hard drive because it is making weird sounds and a error message is coming up about not being able to read it or something.well now i have an excuse to upgrade the drive anyway.goodbye 6.5gigs!!
What kind of sounds? Not like a clicking or clunking sounds I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 21 2006 at 04:44 PM said:
thanks warmfluffy but it might be the hard drive because it is making weird sounds and a error message is coming up about not being able to read it or something.well now i have an excuse to upgrade the drive anyway.goodbye 6.5gigs!!
yes you could describe it like that, it repeatedly makes four 'clicks' about every 2 seconds.

derka-street posted on Jul 22 2006 at 02:49 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 21 2006 at 04:44 PM said:
yes you could describe it like that, it repeatedly makes four 'clicks' about every 2 seconds.

To paraphrase Monty Python..

'E's passed on! This drive is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't stuck 'im in the laptop 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is storage processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the platter! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-DRIVE!!

refractor posted on Jul 22 2006 at 06:38 AM said:
'E's passed on! This drive is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't stuck 'im in the laptop 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is storage processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the platter! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-DRIVE!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And for another Parrot Sketch: Look Here.

derka-street, I'm sorry hon but if it is clicking like that, then refractor is correct, it's pretty much dead. It sounds like the drive electronics is having a problem with the tracking on the sector platter (One surface of one of the platters is purely for head allignment and not data).

ok i will have to buy a new drive then. thanks everyone for all the help!!

Back