Any Bittorrent Users Here?

wow... I started this post expected to get flamed for putting it in the wrong place and instead got a flood of responses.... sweet thanks a bunch guys.

Well Bittorrent has the majority so I'll give that one a try. I really appreciate the info guys.

i switched from bit tornado to azureus, and i like it a bit better. on my old system 'tornado was very taxing on system resources especially when you had multiple dl's/seeds.

anyway, do you guys seed your downloads to a good ratio before cutting off or are you a hit and runner?

junker posted on Feb 28 2005 at 03:57 PM said:
i switched from bit tornado to azureus, and i like it a bit better. on my old system 'tornado was very taxing on system resources especially when you had multiple dl's/seeds.

anyway, do you guys seed your downloads to a good ratio before cutting off or are you a hit and runner?
I send till it gets removed from a tracker or till I got too many torrents opened. best ratio I ever had was 51.something

Last edited by a moderator:
heheh whoops I meant to say bittornado has the majority :D :p or I may try ABC since it sounds like bittornado but easier?

i use bitlord now used to use azureus but it took too mucj resources, the search feature is pretty useful aswell.

although sometims i get low download speeds and crazy upload speeds.

I'm prolly more of a hit and runner, allthough my upload always exceeds my download. I ALWAYS have one active torrent. Not more, not less. After a torrent is finished, i seed for another hour, then the torrent stops and my next one starts. My U/D ratio is generaly about 120% (which means, that if the file is 100 megs big, and im done with downloading, I have uploaded 120 megs.

andius posted on Mar 2 2005 at 02:28 AM said:
Why don'y people just use the default BT program? Is there anything wrong with it? Seems to have worked great for me ;)

Ease of use, Personal preference, Choice (because that can). :rolleyes:

Trooper

andius posted on Mar 2 2005 at 11:58 AM said:
Why don'y people just use the default BT program? Is there anything wrong with it? Seems to have worked great for me ;)

If it wasn't for BitTornado, I would have never figured out about opening ports on my router and what ports to use.

well, i use this client named the g3torrent.
it has nearly the same features with other clients. but the cool thing is it displays the flags of the peers so you can see which countries the peers/seeds are at.

homepage here.

My vote goes to BitComet. But really, most of the ones mentioned here do just as good a job as the others.

yah, same here. but bt is still the preferred distribution for fansubs and all that.

i've never figured out how to use newsgroups, though. ah, who cares!

hi, i use old bittorrent 3.4.2 as it seems to run the fastest although it is basic and uses a lot of system resources

what are the real benefits of using the other ones mentioned here?

Back