antenna delay's

I am sure they are using a Fractal antenna. (all modern internal antenna are Fractal)
They are just looking for the right one.
It needs the proper pathways for WIFI and Bluetooth, attenuated for a range of freq.

/copydir said:
I am sure they are using a Fractal antenna. (all modern internal antenna are Fractal)
They are just looking for the right one.
It needs the proper pathways for WIFI and Bluetooth, attenuated for a range of freq.

did not know if they knew of it or if they could even afford it.

I strongly doubt it.

I've never actually seen one used in any commercial wireless device.

Most PCB antennas are some modification of a bog-standard dipole or patch antenna (such as a microstrip antenna).

/copydir said:

Where are you getting your info from?
I've never seen one in hardware, and I've worked on a lot of computers, including some laptops, as well as various small embedded electronics devices with rf capabilities.

Your right i made an assumption. the tech has been around for 20 yrs! but it looks like the patent holder is also the sole manufacturer.

/copydir said:
Your right i made an assumption. the tech has been around for 20 yrs! but it looks like the patent holder is also the sole manufacturer.

Having an opinion and making an assumption is fine, as long as you acknowledge that you are doing so.

Try to avoid representing something you think (particularly baselessly) as a fact, particularly with regard to technical specifications. All it will do is produce confusion.

Out of curiosity, who's the patent holder on the fractal antenna? I know it was invented by a radio ham guy.

Thanks for the ref. I didn't recognize the inventor's name there. It didn't sound like that ham guy I mentioned. But it's been years and years and years since I first read about it.

Back