Another Waste Of Tax Payers Money

kotd

Website
Visit site
"March 29, 2005 - Hilary Rodham Clinton, D, NY, has taken sides. Apparently, the wrong one. In an article with the Sunday Times, the first-time senator and two-term first lady, said she wants to launch a $90 million investigation into the effects of videogames on children.

Her efforts mirror long-time Senator Joseph Lieberman D, Ct, though this time she has sided with right wing Republicans Sam Brownback and Rick Santorum.

She cites Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto as as a "major threat" to morality in America.

"Children are playing a game that encourages them to have sex with prostitutes and then murder them," Clinton said in a statement. "This is a silent epidemic of media desensitisation that teaches kids it's OK to diss people because they are a woman, they're a different colour or they're from a different place."

Apparenly Clinton is new to the subect of violence in videogames, which first erupted over the finshing moves in Mortal Kombat. Having sex with a prostitute and then running said woman over in GTA is not a goal or mission in the game, leaving that option open to the morality and choice of the gamer. Furthermore, GTA3, which kick-started this new wave of complaints against violence in videogames, came out in 2001, almost four years ago. Clinton's statement appears to be the first part of her bid for the democratic presidential election in 2008.

Clinton's proposed $90 million investigation will study the impact of games and other electronic media on the "cognitive, social, emotional and physical development" of children, reports the Sunday Times.

We'll have more on Clinton's pre-presidential campaign ideas in the near future."

Games are the problem ya hear! Its all GTA's fault. Soon these kids will be firing "Nuculer" weapons and killing prostitutes! I think 90 million $$$ would be better spent on helping poverty stricken neighbourhoods or something. Looks like the M and R ratings don't apply or work in video games? What are kids doing playing GTA? Its not the parents fault is it? :rolleyes:

I've played videogames since i was 5, and I have trouble actually bringing myself to punch people, even when I'm getting attacked. Videogames evidently are not the cause of society's problems.

kotd posted on Mar 30 2005 at 01:59 AM said:
"March 29, 2005 - Hilary Rodham Clinton, D, NY, has taken sides. Apparently, the wrong one. In an article with the Sunday Times, the first-time senator and two-term first lady, said she wants to launch a $90 million investigation into the effects of videogames on children.

Her efforts mirror long-time Senator Joseph Lieberman D, Ct, though this time she has sided with right wing Republicans Sam Brownback and Rick Santorum.

She cites Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto as as a "major threat" to morality in America.

"Children are playing a game that encourages them to have sex with prostitutes and then murder them," Clinton said in a statement. "This is a silent epidemic of media desensitisation that teaches kids it's OK to diss people because they are a woman, they're a different colour or they're from a different place."

Apparenly Clinton is new to the subect of violence in videogames, which first erupted over the finshing moves in Mortal Kombat. Having sex with a prostitute and then running said woman over in GTA is not a goal or mission in the game, leaving that option open to the morality and choice of the gamer. Furthermore, GTA3, which kick-started this new wave of complaints against violence in videogames, came out in 2001, almost four years ago. Clinton's statement appears to be the first part of her bid for the democratic presidential election in 2008.

Clinton's proposed $90 million investigation will study the impact of games and other electronic media on the "cognitive, social, emotional and physical development" of children, reports the Sunday Times.

We'll have more on Clinton's pre-presidential campaign ideas in the near future."

Games are the problem ya hear! Its all GTA's fault. Soon these kids will be firing "Nuculer" weapons and killing prostitutes! I think 90 million $$$ would be better spent on helping poverty stricken neighbourhoods or something. Looks like the M and R ratings don't apply or work in video games? What are kids doing playing GTA? Its not the parents fault is it? :rolleyes:

Looks like she is pandering to the "Christian conservative" and "moral value" voters that won it for Bush. I doubt she really believes that shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Mar 30 2005 at 03:51 AM said:
Looks like she is pandering to the "Christian conservative" and "moral value" voters that won it for Bush. I doubt she really believes that shit.
I know, but using videogames as the scapegoat is unforgivable :(.

markusdragon posted on Mar 30 2005 at 03:53 AM said:
DaveC posted on Mar 30 2005 at 03:51 AM said:
Looks like she is pandering to the "Christian conservative" and "moral value" voters that won it for Bush.  I doubt she really believes that shit.
I know, but using videogames as the scapegoat is unforgivable :(.

Well if it works... Bush used gay marriage to coax all of the Jesus freaks to go vote for him, so what is fair?

"This is a silent epidemic of media desensitisation that teaches kids it's OK to diss people because they are a woman, they're a different colour or they're from a different place."

Actually last time I checked GTA teaches kids it's OK to diss people regardless of sex, skin colour or creed. Hurrah, it should be commended! :huh:

markusdragon posted on Mar 30 2005 at 03:36 AM said:
I've played videogames since i was 5, and I have trouble actually bringing myself to punch people, even when I'm getting attacked. Videogames evidently are not the cause of society's problems.

lol! I can relate.

Though if it weren't possible for me to randomly kill a few people in GTA, I may be tempted to try killing people in real life.

LOL, first all videogames will be forbidden in the USA, then Hiphop music, then every expression of youth culture. Finally, the populace of the USA will to 90% consist of cranky old republicans and Cowboys.

yeah, it's definately not the parents fault or anything. JESUS CHRIST!!! Hillary is going to run for president in 2008!! I think it's time to move to Canada.

Fishbong posted on Mar 31 2005 at 10:31 AM said:
LOL, first all videogames will be forbidden in the USA, then Hiphop music, then every expression of youth culture. Finally, the populace of the USA will to 90% consist of cranky old repubicans and Cowboys.

i don't want to get into political battle, but since your in Germany, i'll just let you know that it's not the republicans that want to take away personal freedoms. As you can see, Hillary a democrat, is heading up this pile of crap.

oh well thats $90million less of missles the rest of the world has to worry about :)

Fishbong posted on Mar 31 2005 at 03:31 PM said:
LOL, first all videogames will be forbidden in the USA, then Hiphop music, then every expression of youth culture. Finally, the populace of the USA will to 90% consist of cranky old repubicans and Cowboys.

hehe, wouldn't be unlikely!
i agree w/ davec's first comment also

Yes, It's an epidermic that kids are getting fat on mushrooms and it's all because of tragic things they saw in mario, where you brutally eat a mushroom to get bigger.

Apeiron posted on Mar 31 2005 at 03:41 PM said:
It has to be games or marilyn manson fault....what esle could it be?

It's both Idiot :p . Damn, I think I'm gonna play GTA and then run you over with the car that's driving by my house atm.

Back